O.T. Springing Heifer has sprung!

evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Thought Sockratease might like this. Our springing heifer has had her calf. I told ya' it would be any day now! Brisquette Bardeaux has given birth to her own little heifer calf. We haven't named her yet, but we will as soon as we come up with punny, meat inspired name. For instance, the little Jersey steer looking on is named Whopper Jr. ;-)

little_heifer.jpg
2000 x 1500 - 2M

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

MOOOO!!!

You've awakened a Monster!!

cDoc11.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 789K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

ah evil, it is TRUE, you do have a cow :)
    congrats on the birth of your young one!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited June 2013

Be careful or I might post some pictures of what the mother does to the placenta! ;-)

Edited to add that that's aimed at Sockratease BTW!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Name her Sockratease! lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,045
    edited December 1969

Cowrara

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Cowrara

ha ha ha :) smiley here

edited December 1969

I looked at her about 6:00 PM last night, and she was hopping and skipping around chasing moths like an old pro. She definitely had a good meal and started getting her land legs.

edited December 1969

and I was inspired to use my new Mimic Pro prowess to do Sockratease a >dmc file

edited June 2013

Be careful or I might post some pictures of what the mother does to the placenta! ;-)

YES!!

Placentas don't violate the Terms Of Service here, do they?

We need a nice Bovine Placenta 3D Model. Your pics could inspire somebody to create one!

And Wendy - got the dmc file - need time to make it work though...

Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited December 1969

YES!!

Placentas don't violate the Terms Of Service here, do they?

We need a nice Bovine Placenta 3D Model. Your pics could inspire somebody to create one!

And Wendy - got the dmc file - need time to make it work though...

Don't say I didn't warn you!

The cow will eat the placenta which is what the images show. The long shot still shows the remnant of the umbilical cord trailing off to the lower right. I have read a theory that makes sense to me. The theory is that the cow eats the placenta to hide that she just gave birth. It's possibly a hardwired instinct that was never bred out of them. It makes sense if you think about it. A great way to draw a predator is to have a few pounds of bloody meat advertising that there's a weak newborn calf ripe for the picking.

I can tell you one thing for sure, and that is the cow does not like it. If you watch the faces they make, you can tell they're chocking it down. Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of the face as she had just started eating and was already a bit agitated by me being so close to her calf.

placenta-close.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
    Placenta-long.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
    edited December 1969

YUMMY!

I got in trouble during High School for placing a Curse on my pregnant teacher. I gesticulated Mystically, and said "May You ... {Dramatic Gestures} Be Forced ... {More Dramatic Gestures} To Eat Your Own Afterbirth!!"

She didn't think it was funny, despite the unanimous opinion of the rest of the class.

edited December 1969

YUMMY!

I got in trouble during High School for placing a Curse on my pregnant teacher. I gesticulated Mystically, and said "May You ... {Dramatic Gestures} Be Forced ... {More Dramatic Gestures} To Eat Your Own Afterbirth!!"

She didn't think it was funny, despite the unanimous opinion of the rest of the class.

whatever you do, do not Google eating afterbirth!!
    I did, curious if any cooked it or used it for Chinese medicine (animal that is) and found to my horror many human motherss do in fact eat theirs!!
    Google images and recipes, eeeeeeeeeeeek!
    the Hawaian practice of burying it and planting a tree seems more to my taste!!!
    edited December 1969

YUMMY!

whatever you do, do not Google eating afterbirth!!
    I did, curious if any cooked it or used it for Chinese medicine (animal that is) and found to my horror many human motherss do in fact eat theirs!!
    Google images and recipes, eeeeeeeeeeeek!
    the Hawaian practice of burying it and planting a tree seems more to my taste!!!

On the home isles of our former British overlords, having a placenta eating party in honor of the new-born and mother used to be relatively common in some segments of the population. ;-)

edited December 1969

I should correct my post... I implied that some of our former evil overlords- the Brits practiced the habit of eating the placenta. I had either read an article or watched a TV show that focused on a Brit having a placenta eating party. However, the only mention I can come across searching on-line is numerous accounts of an episode of a British cooking show where the host prepared human placenta.

Among western cultures it seems to be more of a U.S. and Mexican phenomenon. The U.S. practice seemed to get noticed in the 1970s as part of the natural childbirth and mid-wife movement. The Mexican practice seems centered around a certain tribe or sub-culture of native Mexicans.

My apologies to all the Limeys out there for my mis-information. ;-)

You still suck at making a decent sandwich though..... :-P

edited December 1969