Genesis 8 Merfolk!

I've actually said this before, but it's been a while.  I'd love to see a good mer-tail for G8F and maybe G8M, too.  I think I read somewhere that with just a bit of work, the Laguna mertail from G3F is compatible with G8F, but I never liked or bought that due to the double-tailed look of the fins being so niche.  What I'd ideally like to see for G8 is a modular tail like Mermaid Genesis/Genesis 2, with a base tail that can be combined with different tail fins, pectoral fins, dorsal fins, ect., but as a proper geograft.  However, I'd even be perfectly happy with just a simple geograft tail that's of a fairly generic "mermaid" shape like Water Nymph for V4 or Lil' Mermaid for Callie 6.

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yes! Pretty pretty please!

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

I want mermaids too. Especially a male mermaid. I don't think we've had had a male mermaid since Genesis 1 where it was unavoidable to do so.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

I'd like a good new female mermaid myself, but more realistic, creature looking and not whimsical like the past few we have had. There is a new series on Hulu right now called Siren and the mermaids in it look great

I wish AM would do one, honestly.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

I want mermaids too. Especially a male mermaid. I don't think we've had had a male mermaid since Genesis 1 where it was unavoidable to do so.

Most Genesis 2 stuff converted just fine between male and female, including geografts.

Cowrie said:

Most Genesis 2 stuff converted just fine between male and female, including geografts.

And there was still no male mermaid for Genesis 2.  I converted all my Girl morphs to G8, that doesn't mean there's a Girl 8.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I guess those G2F mermaids, both 'realistic' and 'toon' don't transfer tool transfer to G8M or autofit?

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

And there was still no male mermaid for Genesis 2.  I converted all my Girl morphs to G8, that doesn't mean there's a Girl 8.

Fair enough.

I guess those G2F mermaids, both 'realistic' and 'toon' don't transfer tool transfer to G8M or autofit?

No, they don't..  I mean, using a smothing modifier you can make it look okay in the base position, but once you start posing, everything goes wonky.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

I'm a huge fan of https://www.daz3d.com/lorelei-mertail-for-genesis-2-female-s

As a conforming 'slipcover' style thing, it's very easily adapted to other figures. In this case, I've put it on Owen 8. I shrunk his legs so they'd be out of the way and parented the tail to his lower abdomen. Plus, of course, fiddled with the surface textures. (I made the fins refractive with Abbe 45, among other things)

MerOwen.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 412K

That turned out really well.