GIMP 2.10 Bridge for Daz Studio Pro 4.10

I notice there is a PhotoShop Bridge for DS4, but not one for GIMP 2.10, which is quickly approaching PhotoShop parity/compatibility, and is free like DSP4, and will surpass PS feature-wise in GIMP3, later this year. Any chance there will be the capability to use this other free software with DAZ Studio Pro 4.10?! I believe some progress is also being made here relative to bridging to Blender 2.8 as well... Thanks!

Comments

• Do bear in mind that the bridge is just a convenience, you can still use the route via image files to achieve the same ends with any image editor.

• Can you export an image with alpha transparency? PNG32? Are there tutorials on how to do this anywhere? I would think there are open source contributors on GIMP and Blender who would be eager to bridge to Daz Studio Pro as it is a free software offering like they are. Thanks for the reply! Walls.

• PNG and tiff will include alpha. For Iray, you can get higher bit depths by using the Canvasses feature (Advanced tab of Render Settings - a Beauty pass will add an .exr version of the render, in rendername_Canvasses sub-folder of the folder you save the render to. I don't believe there is a way to get higher bit-depth images from 3Delight, but the Photoshop Bridge doesn't help there either.