softselect uv maps

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,045
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

is it possible to soft select verts on a uv map?
dumb idea, was thinking if Genesis or Genesis 2 uv mapping can refitted by a PA or using texture converter 2 for compatible figures
one should also be able to do it in Carrara.
I was actually thinking only for my own use, I might even buy the PA product anyway
but even unsupported figures like V2
I can scale, rotate and pull selected verts but the latter is a jagged result

softselect.jpg
1911 x 1023 - 482K

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

is it possible to soft select verts on a uv map?
    dumb idea, was thinking if Genesis or Genesis 2 uv mapping can refitted by a PA or using texture converter 2 for compatible figures
    one should also be able to do it in Carrara.
    I was actually thinking only for my own use, I might even buy the PA product anyway
    but even unsupported figures like V2
    I can scale, rotate and pull selected verts but the latter is a jagged result

If I understand correctly, you want to move verts, but without moving the UV coordinate of those verts.

Funny, I thought it was the default behavior.
    If not, you should move your verts inside a morph. That I'm nearly sure it shouldn't move the UV coordinates..

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,045
    edited December 1969

no
    the opposite!
    I want to move the UV co-ordinates to fit a different texture map
    I can whole polygons or relax and detach bits but not skew softly to fit the new mapping

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

no
    the opposite!
    I want to move the UV co-ordinates to fit a different texture map
    I can whole polygons or relax and detach bits but not skew softly to fit the new mapping

It's a tricky one.
    I've used a tool helping that once in Blender. It was linked to the MakeClothes script of MakeHuman.
    I don't know if it's a standard feature of Blender or a specificity of this script.

There are no such tools in Carrara, I'm afraid.

If I were to do this, I would redo the UV mapping of the target mesh, copying the seams of the source mesh to the target mesh, opening two instances of Carrara to facilitate the process.
    I have no better idea.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

maybe better to export the texture map and skew the map rather than the verticies?