Metaballs won't export with completed model

launoklaunok Posts: 793
edited April 2018 in Bryce Discussion

It's the first time I had used metaballs in Bryce but when exporting the completed model only the non-Bryce parts export although grouped together as seen in the attachments.  The image with metaballs showing is, as it was created in Bryce itself.  The image without metaballs showing is the same model exported as either .3ds or .obj format and re-imported into Bryce to test model.  Why is this?  I have also experienced that even the  Bryce glass textures do not work when exported.  So this seems then that Bryce built in textures won't export either.  I have not tested it but will the objects such as booleans, primitives export if I build a model in Bryce using them?  I want to share the icecream model elsewhere, i.e. ShareCG or any other sharing site.

icecream neon1 metaballs.JPG
1366 x 768 - 215K
icecream neon2 metaballs not showing.JPG
1366 x 768 - 209K
Post edited by launok on

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    launok said:

It's the first time I had used metaballs in Bryce but when exporting the completed model only the non-Bryce parts export although grouped together as seen in the attachments.  The image with metaballs showing is, as it was created in Bryce itself.  The image without metaballs showing is the same model exported as either .3ds or .obj format and re-imported into Bryce to test model.  Why is this?  I have also experienced that even the  Bryce glass textures do not work when exported.  So this seems then that Bryce built in textures won't export either.  I have not tested it but will the objects such as booleans, primitives export if I build a model in Bryce using them?  I want to share the icecream model elsewhere, i.e. ShareCG or any other sharing site.

launok, I do not exactly remember, but:
    1. All objects in the group must have Boolean properties. Neutral should not be.
    2. Group all objects and convert to a mesh.
    3. Export to disk.
    4. Import to Bryce.
    Materials and textures in the transparency channel are not exported and are not imported into Bryce.