Genesis1 surfaces for Genesis 2 Female, and vice versa (UPDATED)

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited July 2013 in Freebies

A Daz Studio script that changes the surfaces from G2F to the surfaces from Genesis1.

This allows you to save material presets from G2F and apply them to G1 (provided you have matching UV-sets for them). It might also be helpful for folks that export G2F into external apps and preferred the G1 numbered surfaces, but i haven't tested this.

With G2F selected, run the script. The surfaces will change (you may need to select something else first and reselect G2F to see the changes in the surfaces tab).

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70109/view/8/Script/Genesis1-surfaces-for-Genesis-2-Female-DS-script

Image removed by Mod for nudity. Please review this thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_4/
Edit : apologies for the accidental 'nudity', forgot to remove the texture after testing the script.

UPDATE : fixed typo's in the surfacenames 3_Fingernail, 3_Toenail and 6_Eyelash. Added a script to change G1 surfaces to G2F, now both G1 and G2F can switch back and forth between G1/G2 surfaces.

Big thank you to CauriB for providing the G1 to G2F script !

G1surfaces4G2F.jpg
1050 x 900 - 403K
Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this.

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this. I'll give it a try this weekend. :)

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this, very usefull.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

You're welcome, folks.
    Tbh, i didn't really expect people to have much use for this one, but apparently it does. I might have a go at writing a 'switchback' script this week, so we can actually switch back and forth between G1/G2F surfaces. Would there be any interest for this ?

And has anyone tried using this script yet to send G2F to Reality or another external app ? Did it work ?

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

As I´m currently working on a V6/ Base Female remap I already changed your script to change G1 surfaces to G2, worked like a charm. It also works as a switchback script. I´ll pm it to you.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited June 2013

First of all, thank you for the script :)

You're welcome, folks.
    Tbh, i didn't really expect people to have much use for this one, but apparently it does. I might have a go at writing a 'switchback' script this week, so we can actually switch back and forth between G1/G2F surfaces. Would there be any interest for this ?

And has anyone tried using this script yet to send G2F to Reality or another external app ? Did it work ?

I didn't start Reality for a loong time, but just did it so that I can answer your question. In Reality the materials show indeed as e.g. 1_Lip then. Quite happy with the script. It even works to apply V4 pz2 materials and V4 ds / dsa material scripts to Gen 2, which didn't work directly before and had to be converted to duf before applying.

Thanks again for sharing :)

P.S.: All of the broken icons are basically *smiles* ...

Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    As I´m currently working on a V6/ Base Female remap I already changed your script to change G1 surfaces to G2, worked like a charm. It also works as a switchback script. I´ll pm it to you.
    Cool !

Got your pm, thanks for sharing, CauriB. That'll save me a lot of ctrl+v/ctrl+c on the surface names ; - )

Renpatsu said:

You're welcome, folks.

I didn't start Reality for a loong time, but just did it so that I can answer your question. In Reality the materials show indeed as e.g. 1_Lip then. Quite happy with the script. It even works to apply V4 pz2 materials and V4 ds / dsa material scripts to Gen 2, which didn't work directly before and had to be converted to duf before applying.

Thanks for checking that, Renpatsu. Glad that it actually works, couldn't try that myself.
    Although you can apply pz2 and ds(a) settings to G2F after running the script, you'll still have to copy the surfaces for the ears from the head. On G1 that was one surface, on G2F they're two separate surfaces.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Edit : apologies for the accidental 'nudity', forgot to remove the texture after testing the script.

Trying to slip prawn into our holesome newsgroup aye ;p

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Trying to slip prawn into our holesome newsgroup aye ;p
    Figured i'd spice up the boring code a bit, but got busted ;-)

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

I might have a go at writing a 'switchback' script this week, so we can actually switch back and forth between G1/G2F surfaces. Would there be any interest for this ?

Thank you so much and let me add my YES there would be an interest in a script that would go back and forth between G1/G2

Thanks

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Don't see how you'ze guys do all this technical stuff to the Genesis figure. You guys are awesome. Thanks dear for this.

:-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    I might have a go at writing a 'switchback' script this week, so we can actually switch back and forth between G1/G2F surfaces. Would there be any interest for this ?

Thank you so much and let me add my YES there would be an interest in a script that would go back and forth between G1/G2

Thanks

Yes, absolutely!

edited December 1969

Update : G2Fsurfaces4G1 script added. Now both G1 and G2F can switch to each other's surfaces back and forth. Also fixed a few typo's in the G1surfaces4G2F script.

With thanks to CauriB for providing the G2Fsurfaces4G1 script.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Interesting, thank you for providing the switch, also.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

You're welcome, folks.

Thanks for checking that, Renpatsu. Glad that it actually works, couldn't try that myself.
    Although you can apply pz2 and ds(a) settings to G2F after running the script, you'll still have to copy the surfaces for the ears from the head. On G1 that was one surface, on G2F they're two separate surfaces.

Is the V4 for G2F product required to be able to do this, even if using a V4 skin made for Genesis1?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Renpatsu said:

You're welcome, folks.

Is the V4 for G2F product required to be able to do this, even if using a V4 skin made for Genesis1?

Yes, the script only changes the names of the surfaces in DS. V4 for GF2 provides the V4 UV-template for G2F.
    A V4 skin made for Genesis is still a V4 skin that uses the V4 UV-set.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Renpatsu said:

You're welcome, folks.

Yes, the script only changes the names of the surfaces in DS. V4 for GF2 provides the V4 UV-template for G2F.
    A V4 skin made for Genesis is still a V4 skin that uses the V4 UV-set.
    Ahhhh /slaps self
    I knew this.. I really did.

I swear.

o_O

Damn brain farts. lol

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Ok, just to be 100% clear on this cool freebie. This pretty much allows Genesis to be able to use any of BF2's/V6's skin textures right?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Not V6, since Genesis does not have the V6 UV map available in its UV map pool. But G2Fbase (meaning V5 UV map) skins could be applied to Genesis after running the script to rename the surfaces into G2F's surface name.

edited December 1969

Ok, just to be 100% clear on this cool freebie. This pretty much allows Genesis to be able to use any of BF2's/V6's skin textures right?

Only textures with a UV-map that is shared by both G1 and G2F can be exchanged.

The script was written for the following scenario : you have a scene where G2F/V6 has a V5 texture apllied, and you spend all the time to make the texture come out real good and now you want to save this as a material preset for future use. Because G2F has different surface names than G1, you couldn't apply this material preset to G1 although it's a V5 texture. The script renames the surfaces, you save the material preset, and now your V5 material preset can be applied to both G1 and G2F/V6.

If you have MallenLane's 'V4 for G2F', you can also use the script to apply pz2 and ds(a) V4 textures to G2F without having to convert to *.duf (but like said before, the ears will be ignored, copy the settings from the head in the surfaces tab).

Turned out that the script was also usefull for folks who export G2F/V6 to external apps, like Reality, who were used to the numbered surfaces and now with G2F/V6 got an alphabetical list (where teh groups are scattered all over the place).