Total Newbie Question - Running DAZ Scripts from Poser Runtime Folders?

I started this project because I was searching in vain for documentation for a product and couldn't find it.  Then I tripped across the Documentation folder where I dump all the read-mes and user guides.  And I had (I thought) the brilliant idea of putting a DAZ Script in the product folders to automatically load the user guides I use the most frequently.  I found a sample DAZ script that worked perfectly from the IDE.  But  when I tried to save it in the Poser props folder where the product lives, the script didn't show up.  So I created a PNG file with the same name as the script.  It still didn't show up.  It works from inside the DAZ Studio formats section, which solves the problem with native DAZ products, but not Poser products that I'm using in DAZ Studio.  Is there some trick to getting scripts to run from within runtime/libraries?  Maybe embedding a pp2 or pz2 with a call to run the script?

I'm new to DAZ scripting but not to programming.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,057
    edited April 2018

I never tried with duf files, but with old format scripts the trick was to create a fake pz2 file (an empty file worked fine) with the same name as your script and put both in your poser library. DS would display the poser file but load the DS script instead when you tried to load the pz2.

Post edited by Leana on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Note that this is "working as intended" — D|S format files will not show in Poser Library folders, and Poser format files will not show in D|S content folders. I'm not sure if the "fake file" trick was deliberate or accidental, but it's pretty much a standard technique now.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited April 2018

I know I've seen that before -  it seems like it was a Python command loading a duf file, which makes me think it was Poser DSON stuff.

Edit:   badda-boom!!  That did it.  Exactly like y'all said.  Now I can have user guides where can find them.

Post edited by sandmanmax on