The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    how hard is it to move to a new State and basically start a fresh these days?

i'd have to take into account renting a car one way.
    i'd have to find a job straight away. and dog friendly (big dog) apt availability.
    my passport is expired so i can't ask Canada or Australia to let me in. :lol:

I've lived in Ohio most of my life. A four years ago we moved to Texas for 2 years and ended up moving back 2 years ago. Funding a move is difficult. For me I have a wife and two kids, two vehicles, two pets, and a house full of stuff to haul around. Had to rent a large U-hual with a tow trailer and the wife and kids were in my truck that was full of stuff. When we got to town, the kids stayed with family and me and the wife lived in a motel until we could find a place that excepted animals. Then you have the expense of transferring your vehicle registration to the new state. It is very difficult to do state to state moves. Think long and hard about it before you do it.

i'm having the 15 year itch. 15 years in the same place. 9 and a half years in the same temp job.

48 yo, i figure i have one move left in me. got the calendar out making x's on the pay weeks i can sock away and o's on the rent checks. i'm gonna have to grin and bear it for another 3 months. it'll take that long to decide where to go.

i lived in San Antonio for 6 months in 1987. it was nice, apt was gorgeous, but was hotttt. the job market was difficult there, the trickle down years.. i was temping at the bus company. one of my co-workers there, sent nuns to my apt. 2 nuns, and they shared a tea bag, i put the whole box on the table, they insisted on sharing one tea bag. 25 years later and i still think about the tea.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I found my cables. I found the power cord for the scanner and also a usb cable.

I remember when printers used these weird cables, but now they use usb cables.

I once had a flat bed scanner that was just a scanner. the glass got broken so I had to throw it out.

Okay, this is my first time using this scanner with Adobe CS6. Now how do I tell Adobe to scan the drawing?

edited December 1969

I found a way to scan the drawing it but it was upside down.

Here is a version saved for web. The only corrections I did was to make it right side up and to make the height 800 pixels. It needs some work.
    and also an image of a photo I manipulated in Adobe I think or was it Corel?

pinksnail.jpg
    885 x 605 - 311K
    KaraandLucivan.jpg
    800 x 1100 - 97K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

The scanner should come with software that scans it and you can select what format that it converts it to.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well the 6 legged ones I can handle trapping and setting free outside, its the eight legged variety that give me the willies.

...especially the short legged scuttling ones. They usually end up meeting with the business end of a shoe sole.

new meaning for the phrase 'scuttlebutt' :lol:

edited December 1969

the glass of the scanner has some dust or something on it. That was causing the images to have lots of dots that were not in the original. arrgghh.

edited July 2012

yippee, fixed my webpage. i was confunded cuz the shadowbox wasn't working on the same page as the fly menus. i read through every single line, turns out there was an extra

/script>

happy happy joy joy. tee hee

got the drag thing working too, for when the image is too big for the browser. my lil netbook screen is 1024x600. next, i need to learn to code the shadowbox slide show. and finish moving all the styling to the style sheet, makes it a lot easier to read the header section.

if i can find companies to pay me to advertise on my site, will that make it a commercial site?
    cuz then i'll haz to pay licensing fees for the shadowbox script.

my big idea is promotion without banners. hmm, saying it out loud sounds dumb.

groannn it works in FF, but the only thing showin in IE is the background image

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

that drawing was from a sketch book that belongs to a girl named Danya. Her ex boyfriend gave the sketch book to her. Actually I knew two Danyas. one of them is cool and I have not had contact with her in a while. the art is from the non-cool Danya
    She is an ugly girl who thinks she can draw and write stories. She is also very stupid. She is so stupid that she keeps failing college courses. She tries to write but her ideas suck like an aquarium snail. She has no boy friend because she is so ugly.

edited December 1969

here is Danya's Elfwood gallery. she said she is going to update it with new works soon, but I do not know. http://www.elfwood.com/~dhowery

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. The sun barely rose this morning and thick mist and rain is hanging like dull grey shrink wrap over the city's dimly looming towers.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. The sun barely rose this morning and thick mist and rain is hanging like dull grey shrink wrap over the city's dimly looming towers.

Morning to you, though it is evening for me.

I am thirsty. maybe a soda. maybe Sierra Mist or Diet Dr Pepper with no caffeine. I cannot have caffeine as it is too late in the day.

edited December 1969

that drawing was from a sketch book that belongs to a girl named Danya. Her ex boyfriend gave the sketch book to her. Actually I knew two Danyas. one of them is cool and I have not had contact with her in a while. the art is from the non-cool Danya
    She is an ugly girl who thinks she can draw and write stories. She is also very stupid. She is so stupid that she keeps failing college courses. She tries to write but her ideas suck like an aquarium snail. She has no boy friend because she is so ugly.

Surely not, everyone fails a class sometime, feels lonely sometime, screws up sometime, humans are only human and it's difficult to see how stuff could be any other way ;)

edited December 1969

*waves* I'm in a cab stuck in traffic on the way to work, it hasn't moved for about five minutes ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    *waves* I'm in a cab stuck in traffic on the way to work, it hasn't moved for about five minutes ;)

How much fun?

I am thirsty, but neither Melody or Micah will bring over a can of soda or a bottle of water for me. They are lazy as cats.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Surely not, everyone fails a class sometime, feels lonely sometime, screws up sometime, humans are only human and it's difficult to see how stuff could be any other way ;)

don't be so hard on Danya. most times we need to define our own self worth and not worry so much what other people think.

edited July 2012

Here are two renders Danya did. http://www.elfwood.com/~dhowery/Fairy.2679735.html and
    http://www.elfwood.com/~dhowery/Fairy-close-up.2679736.html See how terrible they are.

Though does anyone know what wings the fairy is using?

fairyclose.jpg
    388 x 445 - 28K
    fairyandcat.jpg
    388 x 445 - 27K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

Also which figure is that? It was posted in 2004

edited July 2012

can'tz bring up renderosity? are they down?

i need to find the purpose of <!-- it might have something to with IE compatibility.
    yeesh, d/l the latest flash plug in to ie8, the page with swan.flv will play. do i even care if my webpages won't work in IE? i do care but is it worth the aggravation

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

i can't bring up renderosity? are they down?

I cannot bring up it either.

edited December 1969

I am missing stuff in the runtime that came with poser 2012. I can find the some of the base figures but not the clothing.

edited December 1969

the news says there is some malicious malware supposed to come out. maybe they're playing it safe?

i don't even have spybot running on this netbook

edited December 1969

I am missing stuff in the runtime that came with poser 2012. I can find the some of the base figures but not the clothing.

Poser puts the clothing in the props folder, even the conforming ones

edited December 1969

Poser puts the clothing in the props folder, even the conforming ones

I checked that before posting.

Actually I am trying to find those wings in the picture posted earlier. I could not find them.

edited December 1969

It looks like Rendo is back up.

still no clue on those wings

edited July 2012

the news says there is some malicious malware supposed to come out. maybe they're playing it safe?

i don't even have spybot running on this netbook

The DNS hijack malware that made the news here is called DNSChanger, it's supposed to fire up on July 9, today our time. This website might work for you if you want to check, for peace of mind before midnight http://www.dns-ok.gov.au/ ;)

DNSChanger.jpg
    800 x 238 - 30K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited July 2012

I am running out of hard drive space. I only have 96 gb free right now. maybe when I get the money I should get a second hard drive for my desktop.

edit; added a picture to show that my hard drive is almost filled up.

spaceleftonhdd.jpg
    530 x 84 - 17K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

Wow that drive sure is full, I try to keep my bootable drives below 50% of capacity tho I think with modern windows os's full drives are less of a drama than for 'nix based machines. Spanakopita in a brown paper bag for lunch, and a pale sun came out from behind the fog ;)

edited December 1969

how can i find a hard drive that will work with my desktop?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

I am running out of hard drive space. I only have 96 gb free right now. maybe when I get the money I should get a second hard drive for my desktop.

edit; added a picture to show that my hard drive is almost filled up.

Keep forgetting this Forum drops images in Quote. Anyway, that is one FULL HDD. I dont think I own enough stuff to fill mine up, not even if I put all my backups and videos on my main drive. Then I dont buy much and I do keep multi Backups, so none needed files do not live on my main drive for very long.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Martins is doing a sale where I can get five cases of soda for eleven dollars. This week's special is A&W root beer, my favorite.

Martins sells food and soda.

This discussion has been closed.