Previous clothes for Genesis 8 Male

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited April 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

Genesis 8 Autofit can't handle properly several outfits even if Smooth Modifier is used, so I would like to get a new version of these outfits optimized for Genesis 8 please :

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2018

I've usually used Zev0's Fit Control for issues like this.  MInd you, this probably also depend son HOW the clothes "break."  If its a case of part of the garment being smaller than the part of the body its meant to cover, such that it sinks under the skin, then Fit Control would fix it.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,492

The usual form of breakage I encounter with autofit involves the algorithm apparently misassigning a few vertices so they move with the wrong leg, or move with an arm instead of staying with the torso. Fit Control doesn't do a thing to help with that.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587

I've usually used Zev0's Fit Control for issues like this.  MInd you, this probably also depend son HOW the clothes "break."  If its a case of part of the garment being smaller than the part of the body its meant to cover, such that it sinks under the skin, then Fit Control would fix it.

Here some examples

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited April 2018

To fix those issues, you could use the geometry editor (I believe) to move those stretched polys from the thighs to the hip.  Baggy jeans and pants will do that as autofit will have trouble in the inner thigh area. I've done that to move some clothing (like underwear and swimwear) from G2 to G3. It's a relatively quick change to do, and you can save a new version of that file for future use.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587

To fix those issues, you could use the geometry editor (I believe) to move those stretched polys from the thighs to the hip.  Baggy jeans and pants will do that as autofit will have trouble in the inner thigh area. I've done that to move some clothing (like underwear and swimwear) from G2 to G3. It's a relatively quick change to do, and you can save a new version of that file for future use.

Okay, thank you. I will try it later.

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

Thanks for the tips but it's not very easy to use.

Any chance you would develop a script for G8 to G3 clothes?