"The Old Shambles" New Product - David Brinnen/ForbiddenWhispers - No Poser Core Installer?

"The Old Shambles" is a new proeduct from David Brinnen/ForbiddenWhispers, which is listed as Poser compatible.  But the details only say "DSON Core Installer".  I recall one of the vendors saying they always include a Poser Core installer, it just gets listed wrong somehow.  Same here?

Comments

• They always list it like that as default now.

It has poser support but very basic, no fancy materials, just basic functionality.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

I can confirm that it does have a poser installer,  which is actually slightly larger than the DS one.   The store page is incorrect.

We have reported this as normally the inclusion of the Poser installer is shown, and you could lose sales when it it isn't noted.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

OK, thanks FW & Chohole.  I'm glad to hear that DAZ is still listing Poser Core Installers when included.  As a Carrara user, that's the only way I'd buy, other than Carrara format of course (thank you, TangoAlpha!).  As I recall, the DSON installer does not work for Carrara, and I've had too much trouble with DS/DUF files.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

Yes it now lists the Poser installer.   I have to admit as I only use Poser as a plug in for Bryce I can't be bothered to have to go through yet another series of steps with the DSON importer, so do only buy products that have a Poser installer, or an OBJ that I can use.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Chohole said:

Yes it now lists the Poser installer.   I have to admit as I onlu use Poser as a plug in fopr Bryce I can't be bothered to have to go through yet another series of steps with the DSON importer, so do only buy products that have a Poser installer, or an OBJ that I can use.

Yes, I see the Poser Core Installer now, many thanks for the prompt correction.

FW: "It has poser support but very basic, no fancy materials, just basic functionality."

I'll take that.  It lets me get it into Carrara painlessly, where I can re-surface as necessary.  With Carrara's native textures and my own library from vendors like Marlin Studios, I usually re-surface anyway, at least for the closeup shots.