Character Imperfectionator

Real faces have imperfections. It would be awesome to have morph dials to make a character's face more imperfect. Eyes that are slightly different sizes/shapes, a slightly asymmetrical jawline, a nose that's a bit more fleshy on one side, cheekbones that are a tad uneven, asymmetrical lips/mouth, etc. Being able to dial in some imperfection would go a long way toward realism and uniqueness.

Comments

• BamboozlerBamboozler Posts: 249
    RKane_1 said:

Hmm, possibly. I hadn't thought about using this for that purpose, but if done in very small increments, maybe. I guess I'd have to see how it works in that regard. Though having an imperfectionator that will make, say, the left side of the mouth a little fuller, and the right eye a little rounder, rather than having all effects on one side of the other, would seem to be more realistic. But maybe this product will allow that? Though the lack of HD effects might be a sticking point, since realism is the goal.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Over there at Rendo Sangriart offers Golden Core, which has 10 very subtle asymmetry morphs (best shown in a video in the product description).

Not sure if that's what you're looking for...

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

having an imperfectionator that will make, say, the left side of the mouth a little fuller, and the right eye a little rounder, rather than having all effects on one side of the other, would seem to be more realistic.

How would that differ from having the left side of the mouth a little fuller and the left eye a little less round?

If you compare the modified face with the original, it might beome clear that all the effects have been applied to one side. But when seen on its own, all you'll see is the slight assymmetry between the two sides. It won't matter which side(s) of the face the morphs are applied to.

having an imperfectionator that will make, say, the left side of the mouth a little fuller, and the right eye a little rounder, rather than having all effects on one side of the other, would seem to be more realistic.

How would that differ from having the left side of the mouth a little fuller and the left eye a little less round?

If you compare the modified face with the original, it might beome clear that all the effects have been applied to one side. But when seen on its own, all you'll see is the slight assymmetry between the two sides. It won't matter which side(s) of the face the morphs are applied to.

While I think applying all morphs to one side could result in one side being basic and the other possibly going cartoonish (worst case scenario, of course), I'm thinking more of specific posing. A facial expression or attribute can look totally different at different angles and distances. It would be wonderful to have some fine control over that. It's even possible that an imperfectionator could even help -fix- oddities that appear at certain facial due to the perspective of angles/distances.

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 279
    edited April 2018

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/241981/asymmetry-in-character-critique-requested#latest

This product can create differences using the weight maps where you want, and although the new morphs do not support HD, the base morph can be in HD.

Post edited by CGI3DM on
    CGI3DM said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/241981/asymmetry-in-character-critique-requested#latest

This product can create differences using the weight maps where you want, and although the new morphs do not support HD, the base morph can be in HD.

I think this will be a really cool product, but I'm not sure it will have the sublety/realism I'm looking for. Maybe it will. I hope so. :) Though being incompatible with HD elements gives me more reservations, since realism is what I'm after. We'll see!