How does one make Seashells in Hexagon : Weirdo Sculpture Forms died and was buried

Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
edited May 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

There is an old  "text-only" mini-manual on how to make "seashells" in Hexagon but I find it too confusing to follow. That is why I prefer video instruction these days, because it is like having a teacher right beside you showing visually how to do something.

And since I cannot find a video on how to make Hexagon seahells, maybe some of you can explain how to do it. Thanks

Post edited by Retro Lad on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited April 2018

OK removed my post, he is a Carrara user too though, I really cannot be bothered

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bryce, cool

doesn't work on macOS Sierra :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

The OP has posted a query for Hexagon users, in the Hexagon discussion furum.  Please do not derail the thread with discussion of other programs

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited May 2018

wrong turn in the maze

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

You could try "copy on support"

copy on support.jpg
    1548 x 984 - 574K
    edited May 2018

hmm,  another wrong turn, how about that way .......

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

Eh, what the heck happened here, I don't get it.

If Hexagon can do all the things that Wings does then great, and I can dump using Wings, so how is that de-railing Hexagon?

Hint     Check the wording of my post and the check the posts after your original post.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2018

?

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142

Go to File/Open models/Animals.  There's one in there named "Shell1.hxn" that you can use or study to get an idea of it was made. 

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited June 2018

1. create a semicircle arc spline

2. duplicate it

3. move the duplicate away a bit, perpendicular to the arc

4. on the copy, select every other vertex

5. scale in a bit, so you now have something resembling a half star-shaped outline

6. duplicate it and move the duplicate further along

7. create a Ruled Surface over the original arc and the two copies in the order they are positioned

8. give it one step of smoothing

9. select the middle spline and do some basic transformation on it - scaling, moving along the various axes; observe how that affects the shape of the surface

10. do the same with either of the end splines, also try rotating them; observe

11. You now know the basics of what to do

12. What is let to you is to rotate, position and scale the start and the end spline and to create and shape more inbetween splines to achieve the desired shape.

13. Keep all splines at identical numbers of vertices at all times.

Post edited by Ascania on

Thanks, but in this case I will use Blender.