Dislike button

I think it would be nice to have a dislike button in the gallery.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    joseph06 said:

I think it would be nice to have a dislike button in the gallery.

crying I don't find it nice when people dislike my art but each to their own

• joseph06joseph06 Posts: 125

If Daz did decide to give us a dislike button, (I can't say this for everybody but I will say it for me) I would not use it just to be mean. I would only use it for the cringey "artwork" that's borderline flag-worthy if you know what I mean.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    joseph06 said:

If Daz did decide to give us a dislike button, (I can't say this for everybody but I will say it for me) I would not use it just to be mean. I would only use it for the cringey "artwork" that's borderline flag-worthy if you know what I mean.

No I don't know what you mean. If an image violates the TOS, then you should flag it, but if you don't like an image, then just move on. There is no reason in flagging an image that does not violate the TOS than just being mean.

Better yet, if you feel you could help the artist improve upon the image, then be polite and give some constructive advise.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

The dislike button would be discouraging and lead to bullying. It would never be implemented.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Dislike button ain't going to happen, just ignore the offensive images as you probably ain't going to bother running around disliking images you find boring although sometimes I click on an image and am disappointed to find out what it is. They should let us rate our images with a content rating systems or tags,

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,221
    joseph06 said:

If it's flag worthy, then you should be reporting it, not disliking it. :)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,747

We don't need a dislike button.  On occassion if something is really offensive,  there is a the option to report the image. 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited April 2018

When there is only 1 Like that already mean more than 188 persons dislike.

No need to humiliate more an artist.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    NoahLGP said:

What? I've never noticed a view count? I don't think it's often a gallery image gets 188 views.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited April 2018
    NoahLGP said:

What? I've never noticed a view count? I don't think it's often a gallery image gets 188 views.

189 Likes is the current best score

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#?sort=likes

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

Oh, I thought you meant page views not likes. Anyway, no need to feel humiliated as it's not a competition and most of the ones with over 100 likes are cross posted in blogs and tutorial sites and other places. More and more high quality works never even break 5 likes I've noticed and the quality does keep improving generally.

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246

That wouldn't be cool. Would be discouraging for begginers. I think always is better, if you see something that could be improved, you can comment it. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

Oh, I thought you meant page views not likes. Anyway, no need to feel humiliated as it's not a competition and most of the ones with over 100 likes are cross posted in blogs and tutorial sites and other places. More and more high quality works never even break 5 likes I've noticed and the quality does keep improving generally.

It actually is more of a competition to many, a popularity competition

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 622

I would be horrified if there was a dislike vote option. It's already hard to post artwork. I'd be afraid of more negative than positive remarks.