Carrara pro 8.5 interchange with Poser pro 2012, how?

Good morning

I have technical question: it is possible to use Poser pro 2012 in Carrara 8.5 pro?

VWD plugin for Carrara is intended for Poser 2012 and above....

But when animation are exported from P2012 to Carrara 8.5 pro there are strange things with models shapes (i.e. they are twisted).

So what going on? Thank You in advance for kind advice...

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited April 2018

Hi Edwapreyz

A couple of things changed after Poser 9,. they added a new weightmapping system,. so in poser, you now have Older weightmapping (all figures made before Poser 9) and Newer weightmapping for figures after poser 9.

Daz Studio,. also changed it's weightmapping with the Genesis figure. and also has two different flavours of weightmapping.

Poser and Daz studio have different implemenations of this,. so Poser doesn't fully support Daz genesis (except through a DSON conversion)

Carrara supports Genesis 1 and 2 figures

Carrara has NOT been updated to fully support Daz Genesis3 figures (the game keeps changing)  or support newer Poser figures since Poser 9.

Daz have stated that they don't have the financial ability to develop carrara,. or any other software with the exception of Daz Studio.

for a company which doesn't have the normal "costs" EG: (raw materials, production. warehousing,.. distribution,..) and doesn't manufacture the bulk of the products which they sell,.

pushes the bounds of reality further than any of their fanatasy products.

In Poser,. if you load your figure,. then go to Figure / Skinning method,. you should have options to convert to traditional poser ,. that may work,. (I'm guessing since i no longer use poser or daz figures with the new weighting system.

other than that,. stick to using figures built before P9 or Genesis,. there are thousands of them.

Hope it helps :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • edwapreyz said:

Good morning

I have technical question: it is possible to use Poser pro 2012 in Carrara 8.5 pro?

VWD plugin for Carrara is intended for Poser 2012 and above....

But when animation are exported from P2012 to Carrara 8.5 pro there are strange things with models shapes (i.e. they are twisted).

So what going on? Thank You in advance for kind advice...

VWD bridge for Carrara is completely independent from Poser (2012 or any other version).  So, I'm afraid I don't understand the issue you're facing.