Vendors, can we get some Battlestar Galactica and Expanse love (product requests)

billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
edited April 2018 in Product Suggestions

Title says it all.  Everything is Startrek & Star Wars when it comes to uniforms and ships for the most part and everythign seems to be for Genesis2 or earlier generations.  We need new product in a big way.  We need BSG & Expanse style content.  Even Orville style content will do.  Ships, sets, enviornments, clothing, creatures, characters, anything.  Come on boys and girls, there is a demand out there and it will sell.  Just haver to create it so we can buy it.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on

Comments

• Come to that, some retro-future stuff like you'd see in old space-opera serials of the 40s and 50s, or space adventures of the 60s and 70s, done for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 would be a good choice, too.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 622
    edited May 2018

I'd love to see this for newer characters: The Privateer

I used parts of this and a comment was made that it had a vaguely BGS look. I'd love a true BGS look.

EDIT: Whoops. It was late for me. Someone else posted it

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • Uhmmm.... whut?  That takes me to my own product-purchases-history page, and doesn't bring up any product from it.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,221

You need to give store pages, not pages from your product library.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited May 2018

I guess it worked because I own that thing.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-privateer

Post edited by Chohole on
  • cybot078cybot078 Posts: 9

how some video game stuff Wing-comander, Galaxy on fire, Master of Orion, X-com  and Also show Babylon 5, Blakes 7, space 1999, U.F.O.-Shadow.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,221

Vendors would need to do things that are inspired or completely original.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Yeeeeeah... Copyright is a thing. :)

• Yeeeeeah... Copyright is a thing. :)

The Star Trek guys have been getting around the copyright thing for years.  We don't need exact copies.  We need stuff in that style.  For instance there is certain product named the "Wilber" on another site that is the "almost" spitting image of a certain TV show ships bridge but since it is just different enough, the content artist doesn't get sued.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,747

Can't sell other company's copyrighted or trademarked IP content commercially.  It's illegal and certainly not worth the risk.  And the cost of getting license is prohibitive even if a deal could be arranged. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

Fan work is one thing, but if you are putting stuff in a reputable store and actually selling it, you need to adhere to a higher standard.

If you think 'but this other store sells IP stuff all the time!', it's probably a store in another country people can't touch and they can get away with violating law because nobody can manage to stop them.

And if it's a store like that, and you are giving them credit card information, maybe reflect on how good idea that is if it's a company that can disappear and reappear overnight and that law enforcement can't touch.