Royal Eastern - The Asian Dragon Question

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

I bought Royal Eastern - The Asian Dragon quite some time ago, and couldn't figure it out.  I chalked it up to not knowing Daz well enough, and put it aside.

Well, I'm trying to use it again, and I'm completely befuddled. When I try to add the hair, it instead adds what I assume is a geoshell of the dragon with hair, in the starting pose, not what I have posed it as.  The geoshell is white, and I don't know how to texture it or pose it.

Also, if I play with it too long, Daz crashes :(

Has anyone had any luck with this product who could give me some pointers on how to use it?

Comments

  • ZaiZai Posts: 289

    Same here...I never used it since I bought it awhile back. Never used Look at my Hair either. After seeing your post I went to see if mine worked to see if I could help. I loaded the dragon itself. That worked fine. Loaded the mats, that worked fine. The tendrils load and take mats as well.

    Then I loaded the LAMH hair. And umm....it was a dragon 'splosion of epicnesss. It does load 2 more versions of the dragon and numbers them. One is the LAMH with the hair attached and one is the shell. MIne also crashed.

    The error says files are missing but its referencing something from users/ron etc etc., with no way to relink them even if they are there. The images "tmpbrickimage" 1 & 2 do not exist on my machine, although it was installed via DIM. So maybe its a bug? When I did a search for the files on my machine the only thing that came up was all the LAMH files, which means the CALL to the tmpimagebrick is in that file, but the file doesn't exist.

    However! I just checked the DIM and whaddaya know....there's an update on the dragon files! Downloading now and I'll see what happens!

     

     

     

    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 12.22.40 AM.png
    445 x 279 - 26K
    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 12.22.32 AM.png
    635 x 719 - 420K
    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 12.22.01 AM.png
    634 x 714 - 281K
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

    I already downloaded the update files, that was actually what reminded me of the item!  They didn't do me any good, maybe you'll have better luck.

  • ZaiZai Posts: 289
    edited May 2018

    Well...it loaded right this time. YAY! But...when I posed the dragon, only the intial dragon moved. When I tried to drag the shell into the original dragon in the scene tab it crashed. I also still got the same missing files error. I don't know if that's affecting the mats or not since I didn't render it.

    It seems like you if you want the dragon WITH HAIR, you have to load it from the LAMH folder. Don't load the original dragon and then apply the LAMH over top of it. Just go into the LAMH folder and pick the hair color and double click THAT to load the whole thing. Then go back to the mats and apply from there. If you want to pick a tendril color you have to open the dragon in the scene tab and select the tendrils and apply those too.

    That's what I did and then applied the color mats to the LAMH version and it worked and took poses. The fact that it doesn't explode helps too :)

    Seems to be working now on my end.

    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.10.39 AM.png
    741 x 745 - 240K
    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.05.20 AM.png
    876 x 812 - 420K
    Post edited by Zai on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

    That worked!!! I never would have thought of just loading the hair by itself.  Thank you so much, Zai! ^_^

  • ZaiZai Posts: 289

    Welcome...maybe next update they'll deal with the missing files. Enjoy your dragon :)

  • CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 76

    I have another quesiton. How do you make it appear in the Iray preview? It comes up fine on my textured veiwport but when I switch to Iray preview the hairs disappear ...

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747

    Glad you figured out the LAMH stuff.

    The Royal Eastern was made before Iray came out, to there will likely be issues with trying to use it with iray. I dont even think LAMH works well with iray either. This was designed for 3 Delight

    Maybe someday I will try a new take on it with iray.

  • If you have the full version of look At My hair you can export the hair as OBJ, then import that for rendering - but of course that will add a lot of data to the scene.

  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

    RawArt said:

    Glad you figured out the LAMH stuff.

    The Royal Eastern was made before Iray came out, to there will likely be issues with trying to use it with iray. I dont even think LAMH works well with iray either. This was designed for 3 Delight

    Maybe someday I will try a new take on it with iray.

    I would LOVE a new Royal Eastern with dForce hair and Iray!

  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

    you can give your royal eastern strand based hair yourself, only tricky thing is that you need to place it on the figure after you finished the posing

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747

    Fae3D said:

    RawArt said:

    Glad you figured out the LAMH stuff.

    The Royal Eastern was made before Iray came out, to there will likely be issues with trying to use it with iray. I dont even think LAMH works well with iray either. This was designed for 3 Delight

    Maybe someday I will try a new take on it with iray.

    I would LOVE a new Royal Eastern with dForce hair and Iray!

    I have been thinking about this project for too long...ok...I will schedule it and work on a new Royal Eastern for this summer

    Thanx for the push guys

     

  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

    RawArt said:

    Fae3D said:

    RawArt said:

    Glad you figured out the LAMH stuff.

    The Royal Eastern was made before Iray came out, to there will likely be issues with trying to use it with iray. I dont even think LAMH works well with iray either. This was designed for 3 Delight

    Maybe someday I will try a new take on it with iray.

    I would LOVE a new Royal Eastern with dForce hair and Iray!

    I have been thinking about this project for too long...ok...I will schedule it and work on a new Royal Eastern for this summer

    Thanx for the push guys

    Yay!!!  I can't wait to see it! ^_^

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

    OMG! I was born in a Year of the Dragon and the little guy is my favorite. Thank you so much.

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747

    Year of the dragon  ...  *smacks head* ........that should have put this on my radar to do much earlier

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,219

    I brought up a ticket two years ago on this, and they just closed it.

    I found the fix myself.

    The thing was, I was told it was obsolete and wouldn't get fixed. I had just bought it. I lost it for a while and ended up with MODS checking my post before they let anyone here see it. 

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

    RawArt said:

    Year of the dragon  ...  *smacks head* ........that should have put this on my radar to do much earlier

    Dragons live long lives, so understanding they are.

    Humans, not so much. My age mates dropping like flies now. Look forward to a dragon for the ages.

  • LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169

    RawArt said:

    Year of the dragon  ...  *smacks head* ........that should have put this on my radar to do much earlier

    Yes! A  Royal Eastern Dragon!  Bump that critter up on your work load please. smiley

Sign In or Register to comment.