Quick note - Our great friend Dartanbeck is fine, just busy

As with most of us, 3D activity is done with 'spare cycles'... so it's not surprising that those cycles just aren't there sometimes. (ms mumbles something about day-jobs and lotteries...)

I had cause to PM Dartanbeck a few back, and he assured me that he was quite well, quite busy, and keeping an eye on the forums as best he could until he can rejoin us in his full nuclear force! He sends his best.

Figured more than a few of us were curious, if not concerned.

all good.

godspeed dart!

--ms

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for the update.  

Yo, Dart - you rock!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Without Dart, I wouldn't be on this forum.  The man is an encouragement machine.

So, if you don't care for my style, blame him!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I'm in regular contact, and he is indeed busy. Two bands, and grandkids are keeping him very busy!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Without Dart, I wouldn't be on this forum.  The man is an encouragement machine.

So, if you don't care for my style, blame him!

or thank him... lol - his energy is infectious.

I'm in regular contact, and he is indeed busy. Two bands, and grandkids are keeping him very busy!

if you're gonna be busy, those are certainly the right kind of reasons! tnx for the note, and welcome back to you too! looks like you've got lots going on as well, and it's great to see you back!

cheers,

--ms

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

must be springtime in the US devil

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

We miss Dart here but I am sure he will be back - and playing music in a band and being with grandkids is just about as good an excuse as there is!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    mindsong said:

As with most of us, 3D activity is done with 'spare cycles'... so it's not surprising that those cycles just aren't there sometimes. (ms mumbles something about day-jobs and lotteries...)

I had cause to PM Dartanbeck a few back, and he assured me that he was quite well, quite busy, and keeping an eye on the forums as best he could until he can rejoin us in his full nuclear force! He sends his best.

Figured more than a few of us were curious, if not concerned.

all good.

godspeed dart!

--ms

thanks I'm glad he is okay

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I didn't notice.... 

lol... (dart?, was ist dis 'dart'?)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Heh, I was enjoying the peace and quiet wink

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Heh, I was enjoying the peace and quiet wink

laugh

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

But I miss the constant commercials for Howler..............

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited May 2018
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited May 2018

he may of been thinking of this popular commercial 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Glad to hear he is doing well. Rock on Dartanbeck!

• staigermanstaigerman Posts: 236
    edited May 2018

ok, perhaps this will help :-) Here's a tip for rendering... in PD Artist or PD Howler:

White or unsaturated light is associated with overcast sky conditions, such as cloudy or snowstorm conditions. In that case, there would be no hard shadows, or very soft shadows. A hard shadow with white light is very unnatural. If you want to simulate a Martian sandstorm (or Terrestrian for that matter) you can give it a little brownish tint, but still, keep very soft shadows or next to no shadows at all.

More tips at newsletter #146 - www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/newsletter/146-more-landscapes

happy waffling and howling!

-Philip

Post edited by staigerman on

ok, perhaps this will help :-) Here's a tip for rendering... in PD Artist or PD Howler:

White or unsaturated light is associated with overcast sky conditions, such as cloudy or snowstorm conditions. In that case, there would be no hard shadows, or very soft shadows. A hard shadow with white light is very unnatural. If you want to simulate a Martian sandstorm (or Terrestrian for that matter) you can give it a little brownish tint, but still, keep very soft shadows or next to no shadows at all.

More tips at newsletter #146 - www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/newsletter/146-more-landscapes

happy waffling and howling!

-Philip

nice tip and thanks for stopping by!

--ms