Daz3d Download Manager System Requirements?

As in "I can't seem to find any listing for any, but it doesn't seem to want to run for me either."

Running WinXPx64 (valid reasons, don't ask). Went to my content page, found the "You need the Download Manager, download?" button and clicked on it. Downloaded it twice, actually. It's sitting in my downloads folder. It just won't run is all. I'm trying to figure out if it's got some retarded "nothing less than Vista or 7" requirement, but I can't actually find anything so saying. Figured I can do worse than ask here.

Thanks!

Davey

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI Deej

I take it; you've tried to run it in compatability mode,.

any error messages,.. or just  ...no activity

I think DIM is still 32 bit,. it's just a download/install manager,. so it should be capable of running and installing software and content on 32 bit

• Deej_232931Deej_232931 Posts: 26

Yah. The only compatibility mode it's offering is WinXP (presumably 32-bit), as I'm assuming it would never deign to run under Win2K or 95 (although I tried those, too). No error messages, just no activity. It doesn't even fire up enough to object and say that it's not a valid Windows32 executable or anything--just... nothing. And this after Daz insists that everything be done via the Install Manager. Peh. "New definition for 'retarded'" I said, and I meant it.

Dj

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Best to go the DiM thread to see what the requirements are to use it..

at a guess I'd say majority here are windows  7 - 10 or apple users

Windows XP or earlier may not be supported as MS doesn't support them and you'd probably need something from MS for it to work. But that's just guessing so best to go to this thread and ask

DiM - Public Release Version