dforce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets Unofficial Visual Guide

13»

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,031

@nakamuram002, sure! I didn't include them in a PDF but I can certainly share the complete renders. I've attached them. They are all organized in folders. Some presets were applied to several different garments, but things have been named so you know what belongs where.

You can download them at this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rj9nzjk5oxjrz5m/AABrMiOXyKevFzOk2X9LEzeya?dl=0

• FenixPhoenix said:

@nakamuram002, sure! I didn't include them in a PDF but I can certainly share the complete renders. I've attached them. They are all organized in folders. Some presets were applied to several different garments, but things have been named so you know what belongs where.

You can download them at this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rj9nzjk5oxjrz5m/AABrMiOXyKevFzOk2X9LEzeya?dl=0

Got them.  Thanks FenixPhoenix!! 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Just downloaded the renders. Thank you FenixPhoenix. yessmiley

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,031

My pleasure! :)

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

This bundle is kinda useful, but the default thumbnails and thumbnails' names are so utterly useless that it's impossible to know how cloth will potentially behave once applied.

I'm going to replace all the bundle's default thumbnails with your renders.

One thing if I may say, something maybe you should also do as it helps a lot ! understanding which Surface value does what : most of your visuals are higher than wide, so there's a lot of space left on the sides. Given that .tip.png can be as big as 640x640, I'm going to also add a list of all Surface Properties that are  changed (increased or decreased) with each preset . This way it'll be even better : visually self-explanatory but also informative.

It's a pity EcVh0 spent time to make this bundle without paying any attention to the thumbnails of the final product, duplicating images that have, as a result, no interest whatsoever.

Thanks FenixPhoenix for doing and sharing those tests. Great thread you opened there.

Cheers.  (b^-^)b

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

This bundle is kinda useful, but the default thumbnails and thumbnails' names are so utterly useless that it's impossible to know how cloth will potentially behave once applied.

One thing if I may say, something maybe you should also do as it helps a lot ! understanding which Surface value does what : most of your visuals are higher than wide, so there's a lot of space left on the sides. Given that .tip.png can be as big as 640x640, I'm going to also add a list of all Surface Properties that are  changed (increased or decreased) with each preset . This way it'll be even better : visually self-explanatory but also informative.

It's a pity EcVh0 spent time to make this bundle without paying any attention to the thumbnails of the final product, duplicating images that have, as a result, no interest whatsoever.

Thanks FenixPhoenix for doing and sharing those tests. Great thread you opened there.

Cheers.  (b^-^)b

While the application supports the larger tip images, Daz requires them to be 256 pixels square.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

What a terrific thread! I haven't bought these yet but will look into them after seeing your work.

• hansolocambo said:

Cheers.  (b^-^)b

That's actually a great idea! If you do it and don't mind sharing that, it would be awesome and I'm sure others would find it helpful as well. I did this entire thing mostly because I like using the presets, but I always felt like I was going in blind. So doing the experiment and thumbnails helped, but I haven't really sat down to consider what each value does with each preset. So your idea is quite intriguing!

• Pendraia said:

What a terrific thread! I haven't bought these yet but will look into them after seeing your work.

I find them very useful, not only to add dforce to pre-deforce things but also to change the settings of dforce garments as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

The way any dForce settings work depends a lot on the underlying mesh. The same settings will behave differently on a dense mesh than they do on a low density mesh.

• barbult said:

The way any dForce settings work depends a lot on the underlying mesh. The same settings will behave differently on a dense mesh than they do on a low density mesh.

Yeah, that's the tricky part for sure. That's also the reason why I used the shaders on several different garments in the experiment. I just ran out of steam later on, though.