Request for Specifics per Running Bryce 7 Pro on HD partition with Snow Leopard.

2»

Comments

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

I'm totally lost regarding the Bryce Masters Series: Cloud City tutorial which comes not only with a file folder, but with its own installer as well. The file folder contains all manner of file types including Materials, Objects, Content, etc. It seems like these should be placed in their appropriate locations inside the DAZ3D/Bryce7/Presets folder.

When I click/activate the installer, it does not intuitively choose a path, or offer a choice/list of paths. It asks for a path and I am not sure where to point it or where to manually place all these other files found inside the Cloud City Folder.

If anyone knows exactly where to point this installer, or how and where to install these files, I'd surely like to know.

What I find odd about this "tutorial" is that the other tutorials contained in the BryceContent folder, utilize HTML files and supporting graphics which open in one's browser. It's more or less a static experience which one goes through in a linear fashion like a PDF file, but in one's browser.

I see no HTML files with this Cloud City Tutorial -- just a Bryce 5 file. I'm wondering how this tutorial works. Perhaps if one knows where to point the installer, the installer places all the files where they need to go, including a set of instructions on how to proceed with the tutorial.

Lastly, I am unable to download and install Realistic Leaves for Bryce -- though it appears on my invoice as an item that has been paid for. Clicking on the blue "download" button takes me to a webpage with my list of available downloads, none of which is Realistic Leaves for Bryce . Clicking on the green "download & install" button for the DIM, activates the DIM, but does not include Realistic Leaves for Bryce on the list of available downloads. Anyone understand why this doesn't work?

Thanks for any and all valuable input!

The issue with the Cloud City tutorial is likely down to the fact that it was originally created for an older version of Bryce roughly around the time Daz first acquired Bryce. Why it is the way it is, I can't say for sure. My guess is that it was known Bryce would be changing under Daz's control, which it did, so maybe the author/creator decided to do it the way he did so it wouldn't become broken if things changed too much? There are actually a lot of the older products for Bryce that are the same way usually placing things in a subfolder under Bryce called content, where as many of the newer ones you can just point the installer to the main Bryce folder and it'll put things in the proper places

• gdresch_8c94c3f8dcgdresch_8c94c3f8dc Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Sometime tonight ( UK Time ) I will post a folder layout for the Mac install of Cloud City on B6 and B7. It's not all obvious

• gdresch_8c94c3f8dcgdresch_8c94c3f8dc Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Cloud City

( this might be a bit scrappy because I'm making it up as it goes along... )

This package was made with the VISE installer which was very common in the PPc Mac era ( I still have a G4 & G5 ), it makes various assumptions although the install path can be partly customised
    The installer expects Bryce 5 to be installed in /Applications/Bryce 5
    If you specify an installation path for the installer, it will create a Bryce 5 folder in the specified installation path with all the content folders that would normally be in the /Applications/Bryce 5 folder
    There are some inconsistent folder names in the package, sometimes Master Series, sometimes Masters Series
    Looks like this:
    Installer Creates this Structure: ( picture )

So What goes where ?

CloudCity Bryce7

Copy Masters Series folder from Content to Presets/Skies
    Copy Presets/Materials/Master Series to Presets/Materials
    Copy contents of Scene Files to Presets/Scene Files/CloudCity ( make a new folder )
    Copy Tutorials/Masters Series to Presets/Tutorials
    Copy the contents of ReadMe's to Presets/ReadMe's ( this folder may not exist in Bryce7 and will have to be created )

The Installer Log File contains a list of all the files extracted by the installer package

Hope this helps

( Still pretending to be a new user since 2006 )

CC_Installed.jpg
    900 x 814 - 159K