Hexagon to Carrara 7 Pro export fail

can someone please have a look at the Hexagon file and try to replicate the export?

because opening the exported Carrara file from Hexagon doesn't do anything

I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Hexagon to Carrara export file

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

You're probably not doing anything wrong.

If you are using the very latest release of Hexagon (2.5.2.109), you cannot export or save files in Carrara format. That feature was broken in the last update.

If you still have a copy of Hexagon 2.5.1.79, your model will export correctly to the Carrara file format.

• I have both; the paid version and the free version

In the paid version it works and in the free version it doesn't

so, I call it: "problem partially fixed"

do you know more about this if DAZ will fix it?

free.png
    542 x 355 - 170K
    paid.png
    544 x 353 - 173K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

See this thread if you want to know the details.  There is also a link to file a bug report, which having multiple report would be good.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/239236/bug-hexagon-2-5-2-109-carrara-export#latest

seegsons said:

What Diomede said. smiley

Daz might fix it if enough people report the problem. I've reported 5 new problems in the 2.5.2.109 version (all are functions that used to work but are now broken).

You should report this as a Bug on the Daz "Submit a Help Ticket" page:
    https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• done

I don't know how many have submitted a ticket

you say 5 new problems?

that sounds bad

what are these?

• de3an said:
    seegsons said:

What Diomede said. smiley

Daz might fix it if enough people report the problem. I've reported 5 new problems in the 2.5.2.109 version (all are functions that used to work but are now broken).

You should report this as a Bug on the Daz "Submit a Help Ticket" page:
    https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

do you think they will kill Carrara ?

you said in the other post "especially anything related to Carrara"

this sounds like Carrara is dead or something

I somewhat like it

the landscape thing is so damn useful you know

and the cloud renders are awesome

it's like Bryce on steroids smiley

Carrara definitely doesn't get the attention that it deserves from the developers, but I think it's pointless to discuss its future here in the forums. It is my opinion that no one with any decision making authority at Daz ever reads the forums.

The best thing to do is to just keep reporting Carrara (and Hexagon) bugs, whether they are addressed or not, so that the Daz management can see that there is still interest in this software.

• de3an said:

Carrara definitely doesn't get the attention that it deserves from the developers, but I think it's pointless to discuss its future here in the forums. It is my opinion that no one with any decision making authority at Daz ever reads the forums.

The best thing to do is to just keep reporting Carrara (and Hexagon) bugs, whether they are addressed or not, so that the Daz management can see that there is still interest in this software.

oh man this bad

OK I just gotten hold of it via the 3DWorld CD but already fall in love with this program even though it's an older version

just did this from Hexagon into Carrara (weird stuff, I know, but I like WEIRD stuff smiley )

Doc3.png
    1280 x 576 - 1M
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited May 2018

That's not weird... that's gorgeous!

bravo,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

very cool seegsons yes