Stonemason's "Streets of Old London"

Anyone able to help please?

I bought this set when it was released, without noticing that it was Daz only, around the time of "the Great Divide" I guess. After all this time I figured it was time I tried to Poserise it importing the obj files one at a time and trying to locate them as best I can. Using the promo shots I can get an idea of where some of the buildings go, but the backstreets are a mystery, as is any repeated use of buildings or props.

If anyone is kind enough to supply me with a floorplan or a labelled top camera view I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Comments

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Is this what you are looking for? I can label all the bits and pieces, but it will take some time there are a lot of parts.

Streets of London Top.png
    1000 x 750 - 359K
    Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 9.17.58 PM.png
    264 x 1365 - 94K
  • Is this what you are looking for? I can label all the bits and pieces, but it will take some time there are a lot of parts.

Fantastic! The picture is a great help, as is the hierarchy, thank you very much, if you do have time to label it that would be fantastic, I'm not in a rush, but it has always irked me that I bought this fantastic set and have never had it working properly. 

I'll find some time to label the individual parts over the weekend... hopefully. 

I don't use Studio much. I use Carrara instead. It will import both Poser (older stuff I think) and Studio DUF files. I do use Studio sometimes mostly to clean up content for Carrara. I haven't tried it, but can you load the scene into Studio and then export it as one obj file? Will everything come through as a single scene and be in the right place? If I get a chance, I'll give it a try, but since Studio is free it might be a much faster and easier way for you to get it into Poser. 

• I'll find some time to label the individual parts over the weekend... hopefully. 

I don't use Studio much. I use Carrara instead. It will import both Poser (older stuff I think) and Studio DUF files. I do use Studio sometimes mostly to clean up content for Carrara. I haven't tried it, but can you load the scene into Studio and then export it as one obj file? Will everything come through as a single scene and be in the right place? If I get a chance, I'll give it a try, but since Studio is free it might be a much faster and easier way for you to get it into Poser. 

Thank you again, I'm not a Studio user at all, having been using Poser since version 3, I've just stuck with that, I did try running Studio a while back to see if I could use  it to export to Poser but could not even locate "Streets" to load it. No critcism of the programme, just my inneptitude. Congrats on having made it through the hoops to learn Carrera I tried years ago when I got a free version here (versionn 2?) but time or impatience got the better of me. 

I'll see if I can create a map for you this weekend. 

edited May 2018

I've attached a map and listing of all the buildings and streets. It's a pdf. Let me know if I need to convert it to jpg or png. There are a lot of other little bits too, but it's too hard to find them all. Good luck!

pdf
    pdf
    Health Insurance Coverage.pdf
    1M
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • That opens in my browser no problem. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this, it is a great help and salvages what sadly is the last item in my Stonemason collection.

Glad I could help. 

• Thanks also from me. I bought Chinatown and Streets of Old London while they were on sale, knowing that I'd have to import the OBJs. I got Chinatown working since I needed it for a project, but haven't got around to SoOL yet. This will be a great help!