Plantigrade animal paws for G3/G8!

We have a few morphs for digitigrade paws for Genesis 3 and 8, some of them quite good.  However, when it comes to stuff for plantigrade anthro animals, we don't really have any options.  Even the Mustelid Legs morph from HFS, which should by all rights be plantigrade, is digitigrade.  I'd like to see some options for plantigrade paws.

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Some info for those wondering:

"Humans usually walk with the soles of their feet on the ground, in plantigrade locomotion. In contrast,digitigrade animals walk on their distal and intermediate phalanges. Digitigrade locomotion is responsible for the distinctive hooked shape of dog legs."

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

And further clarification...

That backfacing joint is NOT a knee.  It's amazing how many people assume that.  That is effectively the ankle joint.  The joints of the rear legs in mammals still bend in the same directions as humans; they just have different lengths.

Sincerely,

Bill

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

yes, kitties and doggies actually walk on their "tippy toes" in a sense.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Hence the term, "digitigrade",  meaning to stand upon one's "toes".

Sincerely,

Bill

• I wouldn't mind seeing more plantigrade paw morphs myself. You'd think by this point some content creater would make a foot morph to make them look more paw like, but no. Every new creature that comes out has digitigrade paws and legs. Ever tried to put long pants on a model with digitigrade legs? It looks rediculus. You can get away with it if you have the model wearing a kilt or a skirt but not pants. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I wouldn't mind seeing more plantigrade paw morphs myself. You'd think by this point some content creater would make a foot morph to make them look more paw like, but no. Every new creature that comes out has digitigrade paws and legs. Ever tried to put long pants on a model with digitigrade legs? It looks rediculus. You can get away with it if you have the model wearing a kilt or a skirt but not pants. 

I've had some success with selecting the trousers left and right shins and adjusting the yScale parameter. Sometimes I need to tweak the bend as well, since odd things can happen as you shrink the scale. There is a limit (seems to be a bit different in each trousers model) beyond which the leg just crumples or distorts too much to be easily fixed.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I wouldn't mind seeing more plantigrade paw morphs myself. You'd think by this point some content creater would make a foot morph to make them look more paw like, but no.

I may be alone in this, but to me the word "paw" kind of implies digitigrade. I had to check the Wikipedia article for plantigrade because the only plantigrade animal I could think of off the top of my head was a bear. Is there something specific you're trying to do?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

I would be very interested in geografted properly rigged bird feet.

• Gordig said:

I may be alone in this, but to me the word "paw" kind of implies digitigrade. I had to check the Wikipedia article for plantigrade because the only plantigrade animal I could think of off the top of my head was a bear. Is there something specific you're trying to do?

I have several characters that have these digitigrade paws and legs. I don't have exotic clothes for them and as I have stated before putting pants on a model with digitigrade legs and paws just doesn't look right. Especially if you try to add Sandals. In the case of Raw Art's Cat world for Genesis there is an option to give the model plantigrade legs and feet but it doesn't look good either because they are Human feet, even if you were to make the toe nails long and sharp they're still human feet. If there were some morph that gave the feet paw like toes but leave the rest of the foot plantigrade that would be great. 

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 274

so .. kinda like this ?

Shown with my character's body morph and on plain g8f.  I opted for separate foot morphs to make human shoes easier to deal with.  I was surpised just now though, I only have one toenail morph (from Thistle set). I'm going to have to make some.

LM

SB Feet.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    SB Feet 2.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
    edited July 2019

so .. kinda like this ?

Shown with my character's body morph and on plain g8f.  I opted for separate foot morphs to make human shoes easier to deal with.  I was surpised just now though, I only have one toenail morph (from Thistle set). I'm going to have to make some.

LM

Something like that would be just what the doctor ordered. All that would be needed  would be a nail morph and it would be perfect. 

Post edited by sjjesso_78ca0e6d0c on