heeeeeelp....can`t find my layerd-image editor :(

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

please help, I can`t find my layered image editor but it is installed :(

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Surfaces Tab selected then the little Dropdown menu at the top right in version DS4Pro 4.0.3.47.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

In the Surfaces Pane click on the menu button. It's about half way down the list

Hope this helps, :)

edited December 1969

Oops...Jaderail was faster then me... :lol:

darn slow internet :shut: :lol:

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Surfaces Tab selected then the little Dropdown menu at the top right in version DS4Pro 4.0.3.47.

same as in ds 3 and it was there a few weeks ago but now it is not and I haven`t uninstalled it :(

edited December 1969

I think in DS4 you must be using one of the Advanced Workspace layouts to get all the menus. Are you using a Layout like City Limits?

Window>Workspace>Select Layout then pick one of the two High end views. City Limits is the best in my book.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    Jaderail said:

same as in ds 3 and it was there a few weeks ago but now it is not and I haven`t uninstalled it :(

I'm not sure if this would work but did you try closing the Surfaces Tab and then reopening it from Windows->Tabs ?

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    cosmo71 said:
    Jaderail said:

I'm not sure if this would work but did you try closing the Surfaces Tab and then reopening it from Windows->Tabs ?

yes, nothing :(

edited December 1969

Hmmm?.... I read somewhere else that if you change to a different layout and then back to your layout that that would restore missing plug-ins.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hmmm?.... I read somewhere else that if you change to a different layout and then back to your layout that that would restore missing plug-ins.

have tried it view minutes ago...nothing :(

edited December 1969

What Version of DS4 are you running? I read that they moved those plugins in DS4.5 they now have another sub menu.

edited December 1969

sorry :down: I'm all out of ideas...hopefully someone else can come up with a solution for you

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    What Version of DS4 are you running? I read that they moved those plugins in DS4.5 they now have another sub menu.

Their in the same place in 4.5

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Jaderail said:

Their in the same place in 4.5
    I did not know, I run Reality in DS4Pro so I have never tried 4.5. I like my plugin. I'm at a loss also. I have no clue why we have it and cosmo does not.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099
    edited December 1969

If a plugin isn't showing, check Help>About Installed Plugins to see if it's listed at all, and if it is what its status is.

edited December 1969

If a plugin isn't showing, check Help>About Installed Plugins to see if it's listed at all, and if it is what its status is.

yes, that was it, no regestration but why because it was registered weeks ago and I was able to register it yet.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    sorry :down: I'm all out of ideas...hopefully someone else can come up with a solution for you

don`t worry...be happy...Richard has brought me to the solution :) everything should be finde after restarting ds (what I will do after my actual scene is saved)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

as always, right now I am using ds3 until I know how to get my dixie transfered to genesis, I have the genX and can create a dixie morph with morphs++ and elite but for some reason the values in the genX morph lists are zero and I have no clue why, I have loaded dx char into genX but the values are allways zero. :( if I have a solution how to fix this I will begin to work with ds4 :)

edited December 1969

I still run both myself DS3 and DS4. Those plugins were not free so I just use both side by side.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099
    edited December 1969

LIE will work in DS4Pro anyway, not sure which other plugins you are looking at - several that have been updated to DS4 do in fact use the same serial number, so you don't have to use DS3 for them, though there are of course a number that still lack DS4 updates.

edited December 1969

LIE will work in DS4Pro anyway, not sure which other plugins you are looking at - several that have been updated to DS4 do in fact use the same serial number, so you don't have to use DS3 for them, though there are of course a number that still lack DS4 updates.

I should have been clearer. I have many DS3 plugins and 1 DS4 plugin so I run both versions of DS So I can play with all my plugins. I will be very happy when I can move to a DS version that can support all the plugins if we ever get updates for them. I would like to try DS4.5 but I'm not ready to lose my DS4Pro bought plugin.
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    niccipb said:

don`t worry...be happy...Richard has brought me to the solution :) everything should be finde after restarting ds (what I will do after my actual scene is saved)

All Happy now! see ---> :cheese:

I'm glad that Richard was able to help you... I didn't mention checking the About Installed Plugins because I thought you already did that according to your first post...my bad... :-P

Have fun Rendering... :)

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    cosmo71 said:
    niccipb said:

All Happy now! see ---> :cheese:

I'm glad that Richard was able to help you... I didn't mention checking the About Installed Plugins because I thought you already did that according to your first post...my bad... :-P

Have fun Rendering... :)

I did, month ago so that was the reason I didn`t check the About Installed Plugins, too :) I really don`t know why the regestration was gone :roll: I have worked with the LIE several times (tried some things just for learning how it works) and yesterday I want to do something and...gone. I was really confused