Digital Carvers' plugins

Do you use Digital Carvers' plugins? I'm thinking about getting Anything Goos ton make my figures dirty/hideous and maybe TerrainTools to put cuts in a log as i animate it being chopped.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I don't have any of them them yet, but have heard great comments.  A definite buy down the road.

You save quite a bit when you get a bundle instead of buying them one at a time.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Do you use Digital Carvers' plugins? I'm thinking about getting Anything Goos ton make my figures dirty/hideous and maybe TerrainTools to put cuts in a log as i animate it being chopped.

Any thoughts?

I have anything goos - it's very good for dirtying up edges - i don't use it a lot because I am lazy

I have ToonPro - I use it a lot for getting line work without the base render - but I have discovered you can get the line work with the built in NPR renderer - but Toon Pro is alot easier .

Dont have any others sorry

HW, I'm pretty sure that you have Shoestring Shaders.  Those fresnel effects are fantastic.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Could you throw up a quicke orf Goos on a figure's face?

i only have toon pro and parchmsnt

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

HW, I'm pretty sure that you have Shoestring Shaders.  Those fresnel effects are fantastic.

Ah sorry yes!! I bought them from Shoestring itself -from Mark and then Eric took them over.

Yes Fresnel is good ,plus for animations there is a proximity shader so one object can effect another one's shader - eg induce a n alpha map for a cross section effect

many of them look super powerful but I havent found the time to play

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited May 2018

Shader ops is very handy for making ghosts or X-rays

Post edited by Jamy on

exemple

NISSAN LEAF 2018 -Electrique (1.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You can currently make a "multilayer" shader in carrara,. and use that to add the effect of dirt (fractal noise) or an image,.. you can have several layers all blending together.

You could also create a Mixer of your texture map and a noise or texture map to apply a dirty grunge effect, and use a Blender to create areas of dirty/clean.

for the log chop,.. You can create an object and have it deform via morphs,. or replace it with a damaged version at a keyframe like a swap/replace ,. pickup/putdown effect.

here's an old example done in C6

I have some plugins from DCG, they work well,. ..if they didn't,.. they wouldn't sell :)

Check out Sparrowhawke3D's plugins ... great,. and free

I don't use plugins much,. i'm just as lazy as Headwax,. well maybe not that lazy :0

Baker and Fenrics BVH/PZ2 export,. I use those a lot for getting stuff out of carrara.

Try to experiment with what you have in front of you before you jump at buying all the plugins.

Grubby jones.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 219K
    Jamy said:

exemple

That car is awesome, Jamy.  But are you sure that it was done in Shader Ops?  It looks very much like the Fresnel effect in Shoestring Shaders.

Whatever, I want it. :)

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Man, this thread is dirty  lol And i zll looks coo

the proximity shaderr  head wax mentioned earlier piques my interest as well. it would be cool to see how it works

That car is awesome, Jamy.  But are you sure that it was done in Shader Ops?  It looks very much like the Fresnel effect in Shoestring Shaders.

Whatever, I want it. :)

Thank you for the compliment :-), it's really ShaderOps ... with a Fake Fresnel effect.

Texture.jpg
    714 x 601 - 159K
    OPS.jpg
    326 x 359 - 44K

Dang, I better start saving my money. :)

Thanks!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

heartfresnelheart

heartblurred reflectionsheart

heartcarrara causticsheart