I Dream of That Day NOW AVAILABLE [Commercial]

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

When any DAZ Studio user can use any outfit with any weight-mapped figure.

When DAZ artists can support the very newest, secure in the knowledge that previous generations are always and inevitably supported.

When no one has to feel rushed to switch bases, or condemned for switching to the newest thing.

I dream of that day.

(changed to) Now available in the DAZ Store:

http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis

A Dress Rig Base for Genesis 2 Female and a near-flawless working Genesis 2 Clone for Genesis 1. Shown are the Royal Elf fitted to Genesis 2 Female and the G2F SuperSuit fitted to Freak 5.

Popup01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 897K
Popup02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Wait... what? LOL Do you mean Any clothes? Like say original Mavka clothes on G2F and such?

Oh SY tell me that'll work LOL

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Wait... what? LOL Do you mean Any clothes? Like say original Mavka clothes on G2F and such?

Oh SY tell me that'll work LOL

No, that's why I had to say "weight-mapped." You still need a good clone for any conversion between figures, and the ones you can make automatically tend to have issues.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Oh, my bad. Thought you meant weight mapped figures, not clothes.

Either way, the dress conversion looks super though. :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited July 2013

This sounds interesting...
    Sickle is this like the Universal concept that Evil Innocence is doing with Cross Dresser?

Don't worry I've worked it out...: )

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Sickle is this like the Universal concept that Evil Innocence is doing with Cross Dresser?

Nah. I'm just planning to keep making clones and templates. DAZ Studio 4.5 and up has better conversion functionality with .dsas and .dufs than anything ever has with .cr2s, and I include CrossDresser in that statement (having used it often in my V4M4 days).

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Nah. I'm just planning to keep making clones and templates. DAZ Studio 4.5 and up has better conversion functionality with .dsas and .dufs than anything ever has with .cr2s, and I include CrossDresser in that statement (having used it often in my V4M4 days).

I agree that autofit is much easier.

You wouldn't happen to be planning on making clones for a new figure that's yet to be released by any chance?

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

You wouldn't happen to be planning on making clones for a new figure that's yet to be released by any chance?

If I'm wrong and she actually does get popular with my customer base, I could see doing a clone to convert her clothes to Genesis/G2F. Doing the reverse probably isn't allowed by the DAZ EULA unless the resultant product is sold in the DAZ store. I guess they /might/ publish something like that if they felt there was demand.

If I did ever support anything Dawn-related, it would be for DS only.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

If I'm wrong and she actually does get popular with my customer base, I could see doing a clone to convert her clothes to Genesis/G2F. Doing the reverse probably isn't allowed by the DAZ EULA unless the resultant product is sold in the DAZ store. I guess they /might/ publish something like that if they felt there was demand.

If I did ever support anything Dawn-related, it would be for DS only.

I was worried that may be a concern. I wonder if anyone has approached them about it.

We will just have to wait and see. It looks like many people are interested only time will tell if that translates to sales. If not I may have to create my own...; )

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This looks really useful. Any ETA?

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    This looks really useful. Any ETA?

...Soon?

They're both being tested right now, and after that it's up to our Marketing guys when they get released. I hope it actually WILL be soon, though. I want these out to everybody as quickly as possible for their use.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

What with everyone camping out on your front lawn it had better be s..... else you'll run out of tea, coffee and cookies to feed us all ... ;)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

If I'm wrong and she actually does get popular with my customer base, I could see doing a clone to convert her clothes to Genesis/G2F. Doing the reverse probably isn't allowed by the DAZ EULA unless the resultant product is sold in the DAZ store.

A clone might not be allowed by her EULA either.
  • drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Looks good! Hope to see this soon.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited July 2013

I dream of that day, too :D

Looking forward to this. Hopefully the full SRMS for G2F is not far away either - I am aware of the bug preventing it at the moment at least partially.

Edited to add a "full" to clarify, as this announcement here may cover the "R" from the SRMS :)

Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    I dream of that day, too :D

Looking forward to this. Hopefully the full SRMS for G2F is not far away either - I am aware of the bug preventing it at the moment at least partially.

Edited to add a "full" to clarify, as this announcement here may cover the "R" from the SRMS :)

I'm doing the FBMs for the pieces now, but yes, there's no point in releasing it until the bug is fixed.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...so this is basically the Rigging and Morphing tools updated for G2F or will this also work on Genesis "Classic" (like being able to fit G2F clothing to Genesis)?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so this is basically the Rigging and Morphing tools updated for G2F or will this also work on Genesis "Classic" (like being able to fit G2F clothing to Genesis)?

No. There will be an SRMS G2F. This is two different products independent of that. I advertise them together because they're both conversion facilitators.

One for Genesis: The G2F clone. Free G2F clones exist, but they don't work well. This one does because I made it in a modeler, not by copying anything. This makes it much easier to convert G2F products to Genesis. It contains no FBMs.

One for G2F: A simple dress template with skirt handles, because Autofit does poorly with fitting long Genesis dresses to G2F. This is useful because there are so many beautiful long dresses for Genesis and hardly any for G2F yet. It contains no FBMs.

SRMS G2F will contain FBMs so that people have the option of improving their chest bridging that way (a second option being the breast fixers I made for G2F, which give a different and less-bridged look). It will also contain the three bodysuit, dress and boot pieces, so that these are accessible for different clothing items (not just dresses).

edited December 1969

...So with this the modelled G2F clone I'll be able to fit G2F clothing to Genesis without having to go through all the hoops of trying to create a conversion clone figure on my own.

Sweet. That alone will be worth the price.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...So with this the modelled G2F clone I'll be able to fit G2F clothing to Genesis without having to go through all the hoops of trying to create a conversion clone figure on my own.

Exactly. :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Exactly. :)Agreed...

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

More than one person has pointed you in the direction of available downloads.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That might be so...but some of prefer to buy something from a reliable vendor as that makes it a simpler process in most cases and more reliable.

I look forward to seeing this is the store.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

That might be so...but some of prefer to buy something from a reliable vendor as that makes it a simpler process in most cases and more reliable.

So do I! It looks great and I love SickleYield's rigging and conversion stuff. But I'm not complaining about the lack of a clone forcing me to jump through hoops despite knowing there are options out there.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...same here. The Rigging an Morphing tools helped solve most of the pesky Autofit issues that would have taken me forever to try and work out on my own. That alone sells me.

Until I get skilled enough at modelling (which will be a ways off) I'll let the more experienced PAs handle this.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

DEFINITELY interested.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Very interesting to me, too.

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Count me as interested. I'm another who hasn't bought into V6/G2F. I was excited about it right to the point I found it was a completely seperate figure from G1.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Yes, perfectly happy to pay for someone else to do the brain-hurt part so i can concentrate on making art.

;)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

Add me to the "Take My Money" list . :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hi Shay,

Wondering.... there is a terrific thread going on in the Commons about skirt rigging and how we all miss the ghost bones.

So wondering if your rig has an option for this? If not do you think it's possible to make a rig like that for an update or even a third version of this fabulous rig system you've devised??

Thanks! :-)