the new stuff adaption thread

the workaround thread is a good go to 

but there is a lot of new stuff that works in Carrara just not as expected 

this thread if for that, I have found a few things I really could not post in the other one but wanted to share some ideas I had

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I will start with the Wise Wizard outfit 

it loads fine rigged after conversion to general weights in Carrara and fits Misty's beta character

but it is a dforce garment, no movement bones or morphs

I suggest dforce-ing  few in DAZ studio first to export as morph targets

also the sleeves are not riggedto the arms so a parented target helper and tracking may be useful for each bone

dforce garments in general

often work better refit to an earlier figure to get their rigging or one of the helper rigs by Sickleyield in autofit options in DS then saved as a support asset for that figure

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i have a few deforce things, came with bundles.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

I'm all ears, thanks Wendy :)

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

I'm having issues with shoes on G3 using Misty's character. When I first load them they work fine. I can pose the figure and the shoes follow. After I quit close and reopen the same scene, the toes arepinned to the ground. It happens with most shoes, but not all of them. Any ideas?

Thanos New Skin Color.png
    1500 x 1125 - 500K

hello,

which shoes are those?    

looks as if the shoes lost their node(bone) parent.

g8 feet are rigged differently from G3
    in G3 lToe/rToe is rigged more like a bodyhandle jutting from the metatarrsuls
    in G8 toe is directly in the bone(node) chain to the metatarsuls

if you arent animating, mebbe, convert the shoes to props?

The shoes are from the Galactic Tyrant for G3M by Sixus1. I see the same issue with almost all shoes I use on G3 with the exception of one or two. I'll try with G8 and see if I get the same results.This isn't a deal breaker for me. I just import the shoe, pose and render every time I open a saved filed. 

I don't animate. If I convert to a prop will I have to manually pose them? Will they follow the foot?

Thanks very much. 

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

the difference between a Figure and a Prop ,. is Bones,.

No bones ? ,. it's a prop !

Yes you'd need to manually position the shoe. since (auto fit / conform to),.. works by matching the bones in the figures.

you could "parent" the prop shoe to the figures foot,. but it wouldn't auto-bend at the toes,. but that's probably only applicable with animation

parented props will follow the figure part they are parented to.

edited May 2018

in poser we called them smart props.

if you saved a prop as a smart prop, a mug or a sword for example, in the default pose in the hand, next time you loaded it, it would go directly to the hand, wherever the hand was in the scene.

i dont have the outfit

Post edited by Mistara on

oh i see outfit in other store. sale and prime coupie works on it.  whats not love

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give parenting a try. Let me see if I have anything that I purchased in the Daz store that has the same issue. I've bought a lot of superhero stuff from MightyMite a the other site and all but one boot has the same issue. 

Misty,

I went through my shoes for G3M and found a difference between those that worked properly and those that didn't. The ones that don't work (GalacticTyrantBoots) with G3M have extra bones; Small Toe 4, Small Toe 3, Small Toe 2, Small Toe 1 and Big Toe. I tried to fix them in Carrara by dettaching the skeleton, deleting the extra bones and then reattaching the skeleton. I then fit them to G3M, but the boots didn't follow the figure. Is there a way to do it in Studio?

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 8.39.19 PM.png
    251 x 805 - 53K

with the joint editor icon selected you can select and right click edit delete bones

then save as a support asset, a new name

dunno if it will work though

the weird thing it works when you first load it. 

edited May 2018

Misty,

It is very weird. Why would saving and reopening the file cause this kind of chenge. 

Wendy,

I only tried it on one set of shoes, but it worked!!!. I had to remove the Left and Right Toes. First I tried deleting Toe 1, Toe 2, Toe 3, Toe 4 and Big Toe so the skeleton would like like the shoe that worked. It helped, but there was still a lot of distortion. I'm psyched. Thanks very much!!!

You guys are awesome!

Brian 

Post edited by BrianP21361 on