adding folder

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!!! I have something curious: on carrara pro 8, it's impossible to add folder, for the shaders... everything as usual, until I click the ok, and the folder don't arrive in the shaders folder Library!...
what happens, and how to solve!!!
thank you for help

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

After adding the folder, restart Carrara and it will be there. I just had that myself, the other day.
    Here is how you can make a new custom folder structure within your browser as well.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

When I add a folder to my Shader browser, I get the window so that I can navigate to the folder, when it's selected and I click OK, Carrara throws up a little box where it lists various shader types. Do you get that second dialogue box? (See screen shot.)

Also, are you using the C8 beta? Maybe it's a bug?

Picture_1.png
    269 x 243 - 17K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Also,. any new folder you add should appear at the very bottom of the list of shader folders. so, it may be there, ..but, out of sight..

once you add a folder,. you can then create sub-folders of that, and those will automatically show up, inside that main folder.

You should be able to create a new folder, and add it to the browser,.
    I'm not having any problems doing that, here,..

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Well the other day I added a folder to the Objects tab using a Save As in the beta and even after hitting updated folder a few times it still never showed up - until after I closed and restarted the app.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Well the other day I added a folder to the Objects tab using a Save As in the beta and even after hitting updated folder a few times it still never showed up - until after I closed and restarted the app.

Added a folder or added to a folder? I don't have C8 of any flavor as you know, but in C7 to add a folder to the browser you use Add Folder located under the little black icon on the far upper right of the Browser window.

Saving As suggests that you didn't drag and drop to the browser, but used the file menu command and then navigated to an existing folder that was already in your browser. If that's the case, then Carrara wouldn't know to refresh it's internal database and display the file and it's icon. The next time you launch Carrara, it would scan the folders listed in the browser and update them to show new files. If you drag and drop to the browser, then it's telling Carrara to
    1) Save the file to the folder, and
    2) update the internal database.