hexagon to 3d model plans

hi all i love using daz3d and just started experimenting with Hexagon, i also have a love of building R/C model planes and would like to know if i can use Hexagon for importing a .obj and then making plans from this so i can build a plane

any help is appreciated

Pete

photo is of the plane i wish to build

Dassault Super Etendard (2).jpg
1024 x 694 - 111K

Comments

• sabreh24 said:

hi all i love using daz3d and just started experimenting with Hexagon, i also have a love of building R/C model planes and would like to know if i can use Hexagon for importing a .obj and then making plans from this so i can build a plane

any help is appreciated

Pete

photo is of the plane i wish to build

you would need to have top, side, front, back, bottom in orthographic view

an untriangulated mesh

to do this select the outline edges for print needed and extract curve (menu: Tools > Lines > Extract Curve)

any triangulated polygons need to be deleted

make from each side needed a copy of the aircraft and repeat curve extraction for each top, side, back, front, bottom

go into preferences: Edit > Preference Editor > 3D Display Tab > Advanced > Anti-aliasing checkbox selected

choose for example as first print the top view, orbit around the aircraft that you almost view it from top

at the very bottom of the 3D Viewport is a toolbar

click the third icon from the right to left - this will allow you to switch back and forth between orthographic and perspective view

use for each side of the aircraft orthographic view

once you have the top view for example choose the very first icon from the bottom toolbar of the viewport - hover with your mouse over the icon and the tooltip should read 

"save current view as image file"

this will allow you to save the viewport in orthographic mode as a image - you should choose PNG as there is little loss due to compression

do this for each view needed and print them out

if the resolution is too small you might consider constructing the aircraft from scratch in a CAD software like LibreCAD which is free of charge

• Luftsturmregiment40Luftsturmregiment40 Posts: 328
    edited May 2018

another probably easier method would be to download the blueprint from the blueprints website

search for your aircraft and download it and print it out

Dassault Super Etendard

you need to create an account to download

Post edited by Luftsturmregiment40 on