mouth open width morph for genesis

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

There are a plethora of ways to open Genesis' mouth, but almost all of them do it in a "0" shape. There is very little you can do to increase the width of the open mouth aside from dialing in "mouth open smile" and then dropping the mouth corners down.

There are ways to increase the width of the mouth, but that's not exactly what I mean.

The best way to explain what I'd like to see is to put both index fingers in your mouth on either side and pull the corners of your mouth. That.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

So more like an extreme oval?

/edit
    Take a look at DieTrying's 182 for Genesis. It has a Mouth Big X (along the x-axis, there's one for Y too), which may be what you want.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/

Also, DieTrying's does NOT scale the inner mouth (teeth, etc) like the built in Mouth Width morph does, so it looks a little more real, imo. Pair it with the Lip Small Y in the same pack to get a stretched lip look like what you would if you actually pulled your mouth with your fingers.

MouthX.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 361K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2013

Sorry misread the post. Be back in a min. Ok I am sorry I am not sure if everyone has a Mouth Width Morph or if is is from the Evolution Morph Bundle.

You can increase the value of a morph by clicking on the Tiny Cog Wheel and choosing Parameter Settings and change the MIN and MAX values. Just don't go too crazy but it can be interesting fiddling with the values.

Face_copy4.jpg
    1075 x 916 - 284K
    Face_copy3.jpg
    1075 x 916 - 370K
    Face_copy2.jpg
    1075 x 916 - 286K
    Face_copy1.jpg
    1075 x 916 - 289K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this is what I was talking about that I knew I had. I actually do have have Die Trying's mouth things. Those work, but that is the structure of the face changing. I'm trying to move the lips/corners/etc in the X direction without moving the actual facial structure. If you grow the width or use DieTrying's width morph the mouth starts to bulge around the lips and it looks pretty weird.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You would do better with the Genesis Head Resource Kits as they are made for the Genesis mesh and not V4 morph conversions.

edited December 1969

Would I have to make the morph myself? Not unwilling to do that, just want to confirm.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Kits are Ready to use Morph sets, you do not HAVE to make a new one but you are allowed to start with them as a base if you do.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

Are you talking about something that would look more like a Glasgow Grin, minus the face actually being cut? Picture what would result from taking a knife to the corner of a mouth and slicing outwards into the lower cheek.

Or, take a look at Stan by MortemVetus (mutedbanshee/andi3d)
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Stan.html

His mouth has what I think you're trying to do, except it's something done with textures and not actually stretching the mouth.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Yeah very much like that actually lol. Definitely beyond human limits. I was able to do it with v4, but something drastic must have changed with Genesis because it doesn't work anymore.