Correcting Genitalia Texture Errors After Transferring A File From Daz 4.6 To Carrara 8.5 Beta?

SG78SG78 Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, can someone please explain to me the process involved in correcting the genital texture placement errors when transferring a DUF file from Daz Studio 4.6 to Carrara 8.5 Beta?

So far I've tried changing the UV set on both the genitalia and genesis figures in Daz with no luck. From what I can tell, the genitalia reads the TORSO texture file, which seems to work fine in Daz, but in Carrara, even though the shader tree suggests that it is reading the same TORSO texture file the placement of the texture on the genitalia is wrong.

Can someone please advise me on how to correct this or at least point me in the right direction?

I'd use the 3D paint tool and create my own textures for the Genitalia in Carrara, but unfortunately there is currently a bug where every time I attempt to COMMAND click and select the different texture groups Carrara Freezes and I'm forced to quit the application.

Comments

• SG78SG78 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Surely the support isn't this bad?

I've just spent close to three hundred dollars on an application that crashes, freezes, and won't do what it's advert says it will do!

Aside from that, the documentation is at least a couple of years out of date, which is insane. I've spent at least a thousand dollars at the Daz store, which I would say a lot of other people would have as well. Surely Daz studio is making enough money to have a dedicated documentation writer, a dedicated support staff etc?

Yes, I'm getting little annoyed.

What is the refund policy?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2013

I'm sorry I can't help with the Genesis genital issue. Hopefully my response will bump the topic up a bit and get you some help.

Now for the bit you may not like. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, however:

The people on this forum aren't employed by DAZ. Getting mad at us for a slow response isn't helpful and it isn't really a reflection on DAZ either, as there are official channels to go through.

One of those is the bug tracker. C8.5 isn't a production build. It's a beta. If you're running into a bug, you should check the bug tracker. If there's a report with a similar issue, you can add your information to it, or if there is no report, you can create one. You will need a separate username and password from your regular DAZ username and password.
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/login_page.php

More information on C8.5 can be had at this link:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/home

When you bought Carrara you were buying the production build, which is 8.1, not the beta. The reason it is a beta is for evaluation for bugs and/or features. Like all beta software, it shouldn't be deployed for mission critical use. In other words, you shouldn't rely on it to pay your bills or to get a job done on deadline.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2013

hello SG78,

not everyone here uses DUF files or daztudio, Carrara 8.5 beta, or genitals (apart from some who probably use their own) so that;s why the response was slow.
    You need to ask Wendy or Manstan re the duf files. Maybe 3dage.

I am sure that if you PM and ask they will be sure to help you.
    As Evil said, we don't work for Daz. Neither do the above as far as I know.
    We all whinge about not getting a proper manual.

Daz just doesn't love us like they used to back in the good old days... :) :)

(Just joking, we don't need a manual really .....)

Daz has a thirty day refund thing, but if you use it don't tell them I told you....

Post edited by Headwax on