More Beads Please!

Hi content creators,

Back when I was working in Poser. A merchant made a number of dynamic bead sets (bracelets, necklace and earings). They are free, just look around and I am sure you will find them and I am sure some of you know what I am talking about. I miss those beads, I used them a number of times in my work and I would like them in my Daz Studio content libaray.

I know, I know! Import them into Studio! Well as you can guess, those beads don't work in dForce. They explode into very tiny bits! And I don't know how to correct that.

So! What I would like, is some skilled merchant/content creator too create a new set for dForce and the marketplace or if they wish, the free stuff department.

I would buy them without a thought!

Anyone up to it?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

No one has figured how to do this in Dforce. We had a discussion about this very thing a few months back and SY was experimenting with it  and the results were not looking good.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

@FSMCDesigns was that a public discussion you could link to? I have a few ideas on this, but I'd like to learn from other's mistakes instead of doing them myself. Not likely that I came up with anything SY didn't already come up with because she is smart like that, but who knows.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

my DS torus primitive  beads a bit soggy, not sure which parameters to try next

i1550^cimgpsh_orig.png
    1936 x 1048 - 679K
    i1551^cimgpsh_orig.png
    1936 x 1048 - 617K
    i1554^cimgpsh_orig.png
    1936 x 1048 - 576K
    i1553^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
    164 x 230 - 10K
    edited May 2018

best so far not exploding, self collision off on beads and also string which is otherwise default

i1557^cimgpsh_orig.png
    526 x 651 - 76K
    i1556^cimgpsh_orig.png
    1936 x 1048 - 620K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,069

Hi content creators,

Back when I was working in Poser. A merchant made a number of dynamic bead sets (bracelets, necklace and earings). They are free, just look around and I am sure you will find them and I am sure some of you know what I am talking about. I miss those beads, I used them a number of times in my work and I would like them in my Daz Studio content libaray.

Beads, as in tiny beads?  I think they are so tiny, they don't need to slide.  They should be fixed in place, like knots on a rope.

I just used big ones to test simulation settings quickly

• EportsBladeEportsBlade Posts: 69

Ok guys, Thanks for the info. That's sad to hear. 

I know with the Poser's beads/necklace sets, only the string is dynamic and the beads are fixed/welded to the string. The beads are not dynamic and are not part of the simulation. A question for the experts: Can dForce do this? Or is it beyond the ability of dForce? It seems simple to me! Make a loop, weld some balls on it and the way you go, all done. I thought you could turn off and on the parts of an outfit, is this not so? You know, like a belt on a dress. The dress is part of the simulation, but the belt is not. I'm sure I have seen this, I will have to look to make sure.  

Ok guys, Thanks for the info. That's sad to hear. 

I know with the Poser's beads/necklace sets, only the string is dynamic and the beads are fixed/welded to the string. The beads are not dynamic and are not part of the simulation. A question for the experts: Can dForce do this? Or is it beyond the ability of dForce? It seems simple to me! Make a loop, weld some balls on it and the way you go, all done. I thought you could turn off and on the parts of an outfit, is this not so? You know, like a belt on a dress. The dress is part of the simulation, but the belt is not. I'm sure I have seen this, I will have to look to make sure.  

You can paint the weight map of a dforce item to be non dynamic, the problem with this though is it does not move. So if you have a beaded necklace and only the string is dforce enabled, the beads won't move, but the string will. Posers dynamic programming allows for rigidity groups that follow the dynamic groups, not sure if dforce does. Hopefully this will be figured out one day, would love some dforce necklaces myself.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

Would it work to either:

1) use beads parented to/part of rigidity nodes that were in turn parented/attached to the strand/chain?

2) set the dynamic strength of the beads themselves to zero, but parent/attach them to a chain with normal dynamic strength?

I only nominally understand dForce, so it's entirely possible that these have been tried and don't work.

@FSMCDesigns was that a public discussion you could link to? I have a few ideas on this, but I'd like to learn from other's mistakes instead of doing them myself. Not likely that I came up with anything SY didn't already come up with because she is smart like that, but who knows.

Don't remember the exact thread of forum, but the discussion was on ropes and such retaining their form when using dforce and she was having no luck getting something like that to work. You could try searching thru her posts.

Thanks guys for the data imput.

I guess at some point, I will have to put in a new Product Suggestion for dForce. Like... "Keep working on upgrading/improving dForce." Or "New plug-ins needed for dForce." Or how about "Just keep improving dForce!

Anyway, I am sure Daz has great plans for this "Huge" improvment to Daz Studio and it's content.

I just hate waiting for them.

Damn!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

If the necklace is urgent, is there any reason you can't just dForce the string part, and then add individual beads (no dForce) to the string? At least until someone finds a better solution.

Hi dragonfly 2004,

It is not urgent. What you say could work. But that would be far too much work for what I have in mind. 

For now, I will just have to put my idea and need on the back burnner for another day. Thanks for your input.

Hi th3Digit,

Ok it has being a few days now, did you manage to get any improvement with your beads not turning into over ripe tomatoes? Or did you give up?

If someone makes this work. He or she will make some money in the marketplace for sure. But the key selling point is beads that do nut turning into mush.

Or as everyone says so far, this is just not going to happen because of the limits of dForce?

I will give it a run myself when I have bit more time in the future. But right now, I just do not have the time. So, if someone pulls it off first, big awards to them!