Indicate NOGENs if there's NOGENS Please...

TDXTDX Posts: 33
edited July 2013 in Product Suggestions

I picked up Misu & Addison on todays' FastGrab... 70% sounded like a good deal... now I find the skin textures have the ridiculous plastic Barbie-doll style removed genitals on the torso texture... Fine if the artist doesn't want to include them but at least indicate that in the "what's included" section so I won't be bothered with it - I'm only interested in complete models - not those with nipples & a lump of flat skin over the crotch... Worst thing is finding a really good model then being limited to its' use...

I have photography background & have shot plenty of nude models... I can handle the realistic textures... :|

Can I return these if an alternate texture can't be provided?

Post edited by TDX on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

I can't help you with nether-region realistic textures (I don't really do nude renders), but I can tell you that Daz has a 30 day, no-questions-asked return policy.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited July 2013

If you use this genital prop and convert the accompanying V4 morphs to Genesis using Generation X, you won't need the texture to have the "gens" the prop's texture map already does, and it's free.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I believe that's a common theme with Thorne and Sarsa's characters -- I have about a dozen or so, and I don't think any of them have genital textures.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

To be honest, flat textures really don't work well for genitals anyway, you're better off with geometry of some sort. Those which do have genitals textured onto the mesh itself only display the external features anyway which you can duplicate on any mesh simply by using the right morphs or geografting.

Still, I rarely if ever do nude renders and genitals are only ever on display if I've been specifically asked to include them (a total of twice to date), so you're free to take my advice with a pinch of salt.

edited December 1969

I agree with Herald of Fire. Really, the only time you should need a texture set with gens textures is for male characters with a genital prop that uses a corresponding UV mapping (usually M4 or M5) This is because the genital prop's texture must match the main figure's.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883
    edited December 1969

DAZ3D has a 30 return policy

You may contact them here - https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

A year or so ago I found a male texture that had the gens on the texture (which I didn't realize at the time I downloaded it). All I can say is that it was ridiculous, as you can imagine.

edited December 1969

A year or so ago I found a male texture that had the gens on the texture (which I didn't realize at the time I downloaded it). All I can say is that it was ridiculous, as you can imagine.
    Yeah, usually, the male gens are on their own section on the texture map, not attached directly to the torso map.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

mebbe we could put together a list of which character texture sets come with 'complete' maps?