A cube from a sphere or a spere from a cube?

Which is easier to do in hexagon?  A cube from a sphere or a sphere from a cube?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

probably a cube from a sphere

I don't use Hexagon so not the expert, it is software dependent probably 

I know I can make a cube from a sphere by flattening 6 sides with soft selection and scaling without changing vertex count

yet in DAZ studio for example applying subdivision you can infact make a sphere from a cube too

so again it depends what tools you use in Hexagon which I am less familiar with

• elaborate the need to make a sphere from a cube and vice versa

Hexagon has primitives for cube and sphere

but a sphere or spherical object from a cube is easier with subdivision surface

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I have been thinking of making a prop that can morph from a sphere into a cube or vice a versa.  It is more of a challenge to learn how to morph a prop in different ways.  

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

I have been thinking of making a prop that can morph from a sphere into a cube or vice a versa.  It is more of a challenge to learn how to morph a prop in different ways.  

Not that difficult at all once you know how. Long as that geometry matches, you should get away with either one you decide. Just save (export) the .obj's as you go and there are your future morphs, all waiting in a folder to be used as your morph refferences.

...again, don't alter (ie. add to or take away from) the mesh at any point after exporting or you will not be able to use them.

Hope you can nail it MBW :)

• doesn't dynamic geometry do that ?

I never tried that but you should test it

• Someone asked about this a while ago so I made a quick video for them, sorry no sound -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68x2nujwCNw

• I think an isosphere would be the best starting point. It would then be a matter of scaling its 6 'sides' to make the cube.