Carrara 8 pro and Poser pro 2014 file

MartialMartial Posts: 412
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Bonjour

I am still using version 8,11 pro 64 bits because ,by bad experience , i prefer not use beta version (version 8,5)

I haven't use Carrara so much during the last two years but today i rebegin using it

When i try to import Poser file saved in Poser pro 2014 ,the scene seems loaded (i see the file in sequencer and the intances)

But i cannot do nothing The soft seems freeze even if windaows task manager say it still active (not the message saying not responding)

I have tried with some other scenes with the same result

Someone else have this problem??

Thanks

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm not really clear on your description. Are you trying to bring in a figure or a complete scene?

Is there no way to build your scene in Carrara? You can load things directly from your runtimes in Carrara's Content Browser. The only issues would probably be the new Poser characters. The rigging and/or weight mapping could be an issue from what I've read.

• MartialMartial Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

If i use the browser-content , i can choose a prop or figure in Poser pro 2014 runtine and put it in an empty scene in Cararra

The problem is coming when i import an scene still created and saved inside Poser pro 2014.It can be only a v4 caracter with clothes or an animals with background
    The scene is imported whithout error message but i cannot see it in 3dview (camera 1) .All the content is listed in the instance panel (at right) and in the browser panel (at the botton) But ican not move or select nothing on the screen or use menus

i hope my bad english (for a french speaking person) is ok to describe the problem

thanks for your attention

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

From what I understand Poser 2014 changed many things about their figures. The changes had to do with the rigging (the bone structure) and weight mapping (the influence the rigging has on the mesh) from what I've read. These changes may not be supported in Carrara, and may not be supported in DAZ Studio either. That may be why you're having some troubles.

Aside from that, DAZ's new Genesis figures are only supported in the Carrara 8.5 beta at the moment. Carrara 8.1 will support the V4 and M4 characters and earlier.

Another issue is you keep mentioning bringing in Poser scenes. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean just objects? Or are you trying to bring in lights and other things? If so, Poser lights won't work min Carrara from what I understand. Poser 2014 also has many features that either can't be translated to Carrara or they may not be supported in Carrara. A little more specific information about what you're trying to do would be helpful.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2013

Bonjour Martial

With Poser scenes you can just "open " them.
    You don't have to import them.
    Maybe that will make a difference?

Avec des scènes de Poser vous pouvez simplement «ouvrir» leur.
    Vous n'avez pas à les importer.
    Peut-être que cela fera une différence?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • MartialMartial Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Merci pour la suggestion

Thanks

When i open directly the Poser files , the scenes seems loaded without problem

I don't remember why i always used the import menu before for loading Poser files

Maybe because more often i create a scene in Carrara and after i try to merge inside it a Poser caracter (with clothes ,etc)

Also ,i can write that Poser lights are ok inside Carrara ,for me and the scenes i test, maybe with somes ajustments

I re-learn Carrara this week
    I remember the first version i bought after Raydream designer