Daz Studio Viewport Multicore CPU Support

Hi,

The only aspect of Daz Studio that doesn't support multiple cpu cores is the viewport.  This makes complex scene painful to navigate.

It's sad to see a 32 core threadripper struggle like it's a year 2005 cpu because daz only uses 2 cores for the viewport.  Strange as every other aspect uses all cores (dynamic clothing for example).

Please fix guys :)  It ruins my experience and I'm thinking of moving to other software because of this limitation.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Jesus!!! I wasn't even aware of this limitation... But now a WHOLE LOT OF STUFF just makes sense. Yeah, I'm with ya. Would love multi-core support... I really thought this was a standard feature for most software in the last decade so this didn't even cross my mind as being a 'thing'. Is this even true for the 64 bit versions?
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Obviously not a big issue as this is the only thread I have seen on the subject and it doesn't affect me. I suggest submitting a support ticket since DAZ doesn't really address issues from forum posts.

• Obviously not a big issue as this is the only thread I have seen on the subject and it doesn't affect me. I suggest submitting a support ticket since DAZ doesn't really address issues from forum posts.

Think ill do just that, actually. Good tip.
  • Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

Well I had no idea until now. This is something that should actually be addressed. Especially since the standard is moving more towards a base of 8 CPU cores now. 

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

The viewport is based in GPU, so, sadly, you simply need a batter GPU.

• Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111
    Imago said:

The viewport is based in GPU, so, sadly, you simply need a batter GPU.

If we are not in iray for the viewport, are we still using GPU or CPU?

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

If we are not in iray for the viewport, are we still using GPU or CPU?

I think both IRay and 3DLight are based on the GPU, but I can be wrong, I don't use IRay in my works.