Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• de3an said:

Indeed, Daz, what about Mac 64 bit support?

Quote: (June 4, 2018) 64-bit Support, Mac: Not yet available - still under development.

It's been over six months now. What's the holdup?

I hope you (Daz) are aware that the current Mac OS, Mojave, is the last version that will run 32 bit applications. After that, none of your Mac customers will be able to use Hexagon.

DAZ is very well aware of that. It is, as they say, still under development. Mac 64 bit is quite different, but it is being worked on.

• JavPJavP Posts: 121

Instaled in WIN 7.

A large history of crashes with older version with HOLED FACES.

Now with the 2.5.2.137, 64.... ALL IS FINE !! No crashes at the moment of touch, select, or sometimes only pass the mouse over a holed face.

Thank you very much.

Javier

• How the hell can i update it? Every time i download it, it installs Version 2.5.2.109 I removed and de-installed it many times, but keeps installing the older version.. :(

• Martyvandijk, not sure if this is right (hopefully the Doc will jump in with the correct answer) but to get the latest version via DIM you have to change the filter so it finds the - Hexagon 2.5 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+

I just checked and the info is on the store page - https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta

• How the hell can i update it? Every time i download it, it installs Version 2.5.2.109 I removed and de-installed it many times, but keeps installing the older version.. :(

As rk66 amd WDJ said. Do make sure that you have added Hexagon Beta to account by adding it to your cart and purchasing it.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2019

Thanks Doc.

Any news on how the next version is coming (no harm in trying cheeky)

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • It is progressing smiley

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Will there be a stable release, or will it be in perpetual beta?

Dana

• There are no timescales, but there will be a stable release.

Thank you for the reply!

Dana

• handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
    edited February 2019

I downloaded this software July 2018. Until that time I had never seen nor used any type of 3D modeling or rendering software.
    I currently spend many hours usung this software. Probebly upwards of 30/week and maybe 15 hrs/wk using Daz Studio. As such, I'm becoming more and more familiar with Hexagon.
    I also have many, many years experience with AutoCad, arctitecture and structural renovations.
    As such, while your software concept and layout were new to me, the overall user concept wasn't.

I like Hexagon first off because it's reletively simple to understand at an early use level, and manipulate.
    I learned nearly all I know now (see my gallery) on trial and error. Very little was gleaned via written publication.
    Kudos on that.

I'm currently running the "137" update on my Optiplex 960, dual core running on 8G Ram on Win 2007Pro

Couple things that bother me about the software, are...

1) Once you hole something, you can't tesselate it anywhere anymore. (see pic #8)

2) Reducing the scale on an image beyond a yet unknown point ADDS multiple, invisible verticies that connect arbitrarilly to other parts in the drawing and remain invisible till you open the .hxn as an .obj in Daz. (see pic#9)
    (it doesn't show at all in Hexagon, only in Daz)
    I've had to creat multiple drawings of the individule parts and then merge them individually in Daz to get a "whole" image that I can render from that doesn't have the annoying, superflous extra planes between parts.
    See the image below, dual triangular planes that connect the warp engine to the pylon and also the saucer.

3) When you "hole" (boolean) anything, a kazillion new verticies pop into the object all over the object.
    See pic below (see pic#1-7)

4) When I "Boolean" an item, occasionally both items simply disapear. Gone.
    I have to use the "Cont/Z" feature to recover the items and then figure out another way to do what I need to do without the "Boolean" feature.
    Typically that occures when the objects have been previously "holed" or "Booleaned" several times and have a kazillion new verticies all over them (see #3 above)

5) When I "Boolean" or hole an item, the program crashes.
    Granted, it's rare when that happens and usually if I reload the previous save and redo the action in another maner it continues on leading me to assume that the program crashed due to ilogical geometry on my part but it would be nice if it simply defaulted out to a warning screen rathger than crashing if that's the reason.

FEATURE/USER SUGGESTION

1) There is no "repeat feature" key.
    If I'm using "Lines", "Insert Points" comand and I have a verticy that requires 15 new points, I have to...
    mouse up to the command bar,
    select "Lines" tab,
    mouse over to "Insert Points",
    Mouse down to the verticy,
    locate the new point location (amoung many , many verticies),
    key in the new point,
    AND THEN REPEAT this procedure 14 more times.

Auto cad uses the return key to repeat the last feature till you hit it twice.

If I need to add a new series of verticies to a solid plane (such as creating a verticle post in the middle a horizontal, plane, I have to tesilate from edge to edge, at least 4 times to create the smaller poly in the center of the plane.
    It would be helpful if I could start a "tesilate" inside the plane and continue it without having to extens to the edges.

CUTTING:
    It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to place a plane anywhere within the object and slice it into sections there.

MERGE:
    It would be helpful to have a feature that allows you to overlap two items, select the "Merge" key and merge the two objects by creating new, comon intersect points rather than weld which does not do that.

Errors - Extra Verticies.JPG
    523 x 533 - 37K
    Errors - Extra Verticies2.JPG
    479 x 443 - 44K
    Errors - Extra Verticies3.JPG
    810 x 627 - 44K
    Errors - Extra Verticies4.JPG
    848 x 761 - 61K
    Errors - Extra Verticies5.JPG
    783 x 667 - 40K
    Errors - Extra Verticies6.JPG
    690 x 751 - 43K
    Errors - Extra Verticies7.JPG
    1288 x 620 - 173K
    Errors - Holed Faces.JPG
    700 x 104 - 25K
    Errors - Verticies.JPG
    1720 x 881 - 103K
    Post edited by handyman4545 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited February 2019

Any suggestions\bug reports should be submitted here: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Thank you.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • I just downloaded the hexagon verson 2.5.2.109 When opening the program it asked for a serial number whitch I do not have so it won,t let me save any projects it also erased  the Daz 5 program so I cannot get back in to that program . How do I go about getting a serial number and or getting Daz 5 back onto my computer? Thank you in advance./

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Serial number should be available in “my serial numbers” section in “my account”: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

• You can also right-click on the entry for the application (or in genral anything using serial numbrs) in the Installed tab of Install Manager and get the serial number on the clipbord from that.

Any indication from the dev team when a stable, 64 bit, non-beta version will be released?  Just curious.

Dana

• I just downloaded the hexagon verson 2.5.2.109 When opening the program it asked for a serial number whitch I do not have so it won,t let me save any projects it also erased  the Daz 5 program so I cannot get back in to that program . How do I go about getting a serial number and or getting Daz 5 back onto my computer? Thank you in advance./

What do you mean by Daz 5? Daz Studio 4.x?

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

I just downloaded the hexagon verson 2.5.2.109 When opening the program it asked for a serial number whitch I do not have so it won,t let me save any projects it also erased  the Daz 5 program so I cannot get back in to that program . How do I go about getting a serial number and or getting Daz 5 back onto my computer? Thank you in advance./

What do you mean by Daz 5? Daz Studio 4.x?

Hey, I want daz 5 too!!!! hahaha

• serial number?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    Chohole said:

You can also get the serial number nto the clipboard by right-click menu on the application's entry in the Installed tab of Install Manager.

• thomllamathomllama Posts: 18

sooo. is there no Mac version still?  I have a "beta' in the installer program, but it keeps saying it's an improper path to 2.5 or some crap that makes no sense... ?  even thou the 32 bit version is installed and correctly set path... 

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 5.28.53 PM.png
    612 x 634 - 81K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    thomllama said:

sooo. is there no Mac version still?  I have a "beta' in the installer program, but it keeps saying it's an improper path to 2.5 or some crap that makes no sense... ?  even thou the 32 bit version is installed and correctly set path... 

The error message is for the Content package, not the application itself.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    thomllama said:

The error message is for the Content package, not the application itself.

Which in turn means Hexagon has NOT yet been installed. Or the installer for the content package would find the path for that installation and use it.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,274

So if you can't use DIM then you can't have Hex Beta, I did everything else but my net is wonky and might have to go to the college to download it, I won't be allowed to install anything on their computers, so how am I suppose to get this?

• Been playing with Hexagon  a little over a year now..then today , i start getting errors. Anyone know a fix, short of scrapping it and trying a new install?

hexagon error.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 228K

Click OK and forget it.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    Ascania said:

Click OK and forget it.

I think you can also turn off the News feature in your preferences. This was a common issue in one of the public builds as well for a while.

JonnyRay said:
    Ascania said:

Click OK and forget it.

I think you can also turn off the News feature in your preferences. This was a common issue in one of the public builds as well for a while.

Yeah, every time DAZ does something on their servers that causes the data displayed in that window to be missing or delayed the error message pops up.