what happened to carrara 7?

TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I had to reimage my drive this week, (windows 8, don't ask) and now I need to re-download my carrara 7 since it seems all my content was attached to it. This is fine, after all my copy of carrara 8 is an upgrade from carrara 7. But wait... I am NOT ALLOWED to download it manually and when I try to use the download manager it download everything in the carrara 7 pro bundle EXCEPT carrara 7. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

I don't thin Carrara itself is available in DIM yet -- can you post a screenshot of the C7 download page in your Product Library?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Torkuda said:
    I need to re-download my carrara 7 since it seems all my content was attached to it.
    But when you download Carrara 7, it won't reinstall anything you've had attached to it - and anything that was attached to 7 will work beautifully in 8, won't it? Why would you need 7 again? (just curious)
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,043
    edited December 1969

not sure about all the content browser Dart
    I think mine was from 7 infact I know it was by the bits I added
    maybe the basic catalogue and scene wizards but not the hair caps skins etc

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited July 2013

I just had a look on my lib:

There I have C7, C7P and C7P from C7
    I can download C7 and C7P Upgrade from C7 but not C7P.
    The latter one was shows me up C7 and C7P upgrade from C7

Edit: oops: I just see, I only can download Basicwear for M4

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You could also contact customer support. They may be of more with this issue than we can be.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Torkuda

after all my copy of carrara 8 is an upgrade from carrara 7

The "upgrade" refers to the discounted price you paid, as an existing user,. but C8, is a completely different program from previous versions, and as such, it gets installed into it's own Carrara 8 folder. so,.. it doesn't require C7 to be installed on your system,. and it doesn't "Update" C7, to become C8.

C8 is a completely new installation of Carrara.
    (just as C7 was, to C6) it's a different program and it doesn't need to find a previous version of the program, before it can be installed.

All Carrara content,. can be installed to any version of Carrara. it's not version specific, although some scenes may depend on features which only appear in the newer versions. EG: multiple leaves and flowers on plants.

Carrara content, isn't tied to any specific version of Carrara. EG: Carrara 8 can open files made in C7, C6, C5...

You should be able to install the latest version of Carrara 8, and then install all your content.

Hope it helps :)