Silo tutorials but using Hexagon

Is it possible to use Silo tutorials but apply what is taught in Hexagon?  I got some tutorials from Rendo, but found out they are for Silo not Hexagon.  It is too late to return them.  I currently do not have a hundred dollars or so to get Silo but I already have Hexagon.

Comments

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited June 2018

I've used Silo tuts in Hexagon before without much changes. Just the modeling parts, though. Not the UV mapping/painting parts. I even have Silo books. But I only model in Hexagon. Did not care for Silo's GUI at all.

Any book/tutorial on general 3D organical and mechanical modeling will work for Hexagon. There are books out there that are not app-specific.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Of course you can. It is merely a matter of knowing the tools. Silo doesn't have much in the way of tools that Hex doesn't.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    Selina said:

There are broad modelling techniques across all packages, but you're probably better off to return them and use the list of great tutorials on this site!

I would return them but I did not just get them.  I got them some time back which was too long to return.

• Mr ScottMr Scott Posts: 51

The Geek at Play tutorials for Hexegon are free and really good and there are lots of them.  Silo comes on sale from time to time. I picked up a copy last year during a sale becase from what I hear Silo may have better UV mapping and sculpting tools but I have not really used it much yet. There is a possibility you may want to use both at some point. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    scot60656 said:

The Geek at Play tutorials for Hexegon are free and really good and there are lots of them.  Silo comes on sale from time to time. I picked up a copy last year during a sale becase from what I hear Silo may have better UV mapping and sculpting tools but I have not really used it much yet. There is a possibility you may want to use both at some point. 

The good sale has to come when I have funds though.