C8.5 and the gatewayasaurus rex

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited July 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Considering it may be weeks before I can get a new render comp I downloaded C8.5{32bit}, the native content and a few other things to work with from my vast selection of DAZ purchases. {When did I get Darcy for V4????} I'm being bad from the get go. I only have a 40 gig main drive for this comp. Which is apparently taken up by 27 gig of operating system so I'm installing C8.5 and studio to my slave drive; 250 gig. Carrara starts fine and loads the native content fine, so I'm about to try it with studio. DS4.6 and content will be going to this same drive. This should prove fun lol

I doubt I will be downloading much, this is just a temp comp, it can't really play games, and I need something to do besides BS on the forums and watch Hulu. ;)

For the record this is a pent 4 2.8, and 1 gig of ram.

Well of coarse Studio is being a PITA and refuses to start from my slave drive. Oh well I don't need it I just need genesis. And what happened to V4? Thought she came with everything? I mean as part of the native content for carrara.

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited July 2013

The non-native content included with Carrara is in separate installers.

Edit: Excuse me, I should say packages since the installers are history (thank goodness).

Post edited by araneldon on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    The non-native content included with Carrara is in separate installers.

Edit: Excuse me, I should say packages since the installers are history (thank goodness).

Thanks. I see that now and am downloading it piece by piece.

Still can't get studio to fire up, errors out because it can't find something in the x86 folder, I'm on XP. I've asked in the Studio forum maybe someone can help there.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,043
    edited December 1969

you should be able to run Carrara off an external plugged in via usb, preferably a powered one
    I have.
    and you certainly can all your runtimes
    DS4 & Genesis a big ask though, my poor little craptop could not handle it, DS3 prob a better choice if using studio
    but
    with DIM you apparently do not need studio at all to use Genesis in Carrara so you can always delete the program after putting the content on a drive inc Genesis.
    you will prob have to work in wireframe too like I used to!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

This is weird. I don't have to unzip anything ???? I just double click, it opens like a folder, I cut out the "content" folder then paste to the working folder and everything drops in place.

I'm having fun trying to work with/in the studio content folder frame work. So I already have multiple folders for the same thing in various places. Seems I have 3 prop folders. One in the "content" folder, one in people/V4, and one in runtime. No wonder people get so confused with this.

Hypothetical, I have a V4 vanity, which props folder will it end up in?

Post edited by ManStan on