Channing's M4 Gens and Carrara 8 Pro

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why C8Pro wants to flatten the bottom of Channing's M4 gens when loaded with a figure? I've tried loading it from my runtime library and it loads fine by itself. But if I load a figure that has it conformed to it or a poser file that has a figure with the gens conformed to it, it flattens the bottom of the testicles. I've even unchecked all of the options except for "morph targets" and it still happens. Any ideas? I'd post pics but the forum rules don't allow it...

David

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited July 2013

How exactly do you load the figures? Have you tried to drag and drop both figures from the content browser and then conforming? It sounds like you're doing a file menu import which may yield different results (if memory serves, it's been a long while...).

I don't have access to Channing's genitals, otherwise I'd be happy to do some testing.

Edit: Also conforming often isn't practical due to unsupported morphs or mismatched scaling so usually I just parent the figures together instead.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:

I don't have access to Channing's genitals, otherwise I'd be happy to do some testing.

Must. Follow. TOS.

Must resist temptation! Mind Strong- Body weak!

Must not write first thing that pops into head......

Arrrghhh!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

I've done it both ways from the content browser and from the FIle menu import/open. When I do the content browser drag and drop on just the gens themselves they load in correctly. When I do the content browser thing when the gens are conformed to M4 they do the flatten thing. When I open the PZZ file that contains the gens and M4 it does the same thing. I dont get this when I use the original M4 gens from DAZ. I just wonder if there's some box that needs to be checked/unchecked to keep this from happening.

---------------------------

araneldon said:
    How exactly do you load the figures? Have you tried to drag and drop both figures from the content browser and then conforming? It sounds like you're doing a file menu import which may yield different results (if memory serves, it's been a long while...).

Edit: Also conforming often isn't practical due to unsupported morphs or mismatched scaling so usually I just parent the figures together instead.

edited December 1969

I don't know, it might just be an incorrectly set parameter that only causes problems in Carrara. Would be easier to diagnose if I could see a screenshot of the problem area, but that would be against the TOS here...

Try checking scale constraints on the testicles.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Most often the best way is to just load everything from scratch into Carrara and build in there. Even if it seems like a lot of work, You'll really appreciate the difference in the end. By the time you're done playing with the shaders to get them just right... tweaking this and that - save to the browser, etc., you'll have a wonderful new feel to each character you create. I make a whole library of folks. Okay, some of them can't act if I quadrupled their pay - but sometimes you need an idiot in a bar or whatever. I also really love posing my characters from scratch in Carrara - just bending and twisting them into where I want them to be... Carrara is bliss on a stick, for me!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bliss on a stick?

That is hilarious considering the context of the thread.

And yes. I had several preset characters in carrara. My thumb for M4 "full" is M4 with a big grin and a thumbs up lol

"checked/unchecked to keep this from happening"

Try unconforming. But you may have to drag and drop the genitals on to the hip in the sequencer; character tree, so it will pose with the character.

That is just so wrong lol

edited December 1969

How can you even have a TOS for the forums when DAZ sells Genitals! How the hell are you supposed to get a grasp of how to use your genitals when you can't post screen grabs? :lol:

edited December 1969

Holy crap! An actual smiley appeared!

:bug:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2013

Come on guys, pull the other one! A smiley, no, must be an accident ;)
    Maybe we could use pictures of bananas and apples to explain the problem?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2013

edited for brevity

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

Did someone at DAZ finally fix the forum? :gulp:
    Maybe :-/

Looks like it :-)

I've had hair get weird when conformed to a figure, but was fine unconformed, just had to do the old carrara 5 solution of drag and dropping it on to the figures head.

edited December 1969

Off topic a bit. But can some one link me the genesis 1 "bulge"? I'm working on something and need it. lol

totight.jpg
    600 x 800 - 73K
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I don't know, it might just be an incorrectly set parameter that only causes problems in Carrara. Would be easier to diagnose if I could see a screenshot of the problem area, but that would be against the TOS here...

Try checking scale constraints on the testicles.

I could possibly PM a JPG of the problem to any one who is interested in helping me figure this out. Just let me know...

David

edited December 1969

You can send it to me, and also include the scale constraints in the image if possible.

edited December 1969

Just sent you a PM.