Carrara vs Monoprice driver

k3-2305369k3-2305369 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have been using a Monoprice tablet with my Mac for several months. I'm using it in place of an ordinary mouse in ordinary applications. And it works fine. But when I try to use it with Carrara, more often than not, it snaps into a mode in which the tablet touch or lack of touch is detected, but the coordinates always come out as (0, 0) i.e. the upper left-hand corner. And then, even after quitting Carrara, my tablet is still stuck in the upper left-hand corner. At these times, the only way out is to reboot.

Reinstalling the driver did nothing in the moment, only rebooting did anything.

Has anyone else encountered this? Do I need to tell Carrara about my Monoprice tablet in some special way?

Comments

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

I have a monoprice tablet I have used with Carrara on a PC ( not mac ) It worked fine as far as I could tell.
    In this case I was using it more as a mouse and didn't really like it, so I stopped. Buton a PC it seemed fine.
    ( except the scroll function)

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

In the preferences the is a check box " graphics tablet compatibility mode" ?

I use a Wacom Bamboo, which I really like, but recently It has been failing to load up its drivers and not working. As a final resort I re-installed Vista and it is now fine. Do Applemacs get clogged up or are they perfect? I think I had a conflict of some description.