A wedding cake for iray please

I want a iray wedding cake. It could look like this one, but for iray
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/gcd-wedding-cake-and-table-set/103995

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I bought that and it recolored well. With Iray. I just changed the metal and crystal to Iray shaders.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

I don't usually buy stuff that is not iray but thanks.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

I want more cakes especially for iray.  I found a cool cake at RDNA but they closed down.  Wonder if the cake is still in my archives.

I second the offer for more cakes.   Hmm wonder if it is okay to buy that cake and make iray textures for it and sell it on rendo if possible.

edited June 2018

Hmm wonder if it is okay to buy that cake and make iray textures for it and sell it on rendo if possible.

It’s really easy to convert over to Iray and looks better too. It has a ton of mat zones..

Post edited by Serene Night on

Ok, how did you convert it to iray?

it kinda looks like this to me.

Unbenannt.JPG
    528 x 632 - 35K
    edited June 2018

I made mine into a chocolate cake and made the roses red. . Image link below. You can apply Iray base shaders to the whole set. The metal bits you will need to apply metal Iray shaders and the glass and cloth to cloth and liquids to shaders of your choosing. The pa made many mat zones so the whole set is really just a matter of choosing the shaders to use, The cake color can be altered by adding a color of your choice to the base materials or diffuse channels You can experiment with food textures as well as some pas make shaders which might work.  Overall I thought the cake transferred nicely. I did use the initial lavender one but thought it looked better chocolatey.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/571316

That looks nice. I like choclate cake and might do that as well : D.

Would be nice if there was a cake with like diffrent styles in one product. Like make it to choclate, strawberry, pinta etc.

edited June 2018

I agree and a slice and a bite would’ve been helpful.

I have bought many cake products and this one I think looks the best. I look forward to seeing your cakes. =-)

i wish there were toppers for the top but given how much rose frosting is up there... they’d be buried

I think the chocolate looks classy and elegant.

edited June 2018

Here's my cake.
    Looking alright for my needs. Maybe with a bump and normalmap it could look better or more geometry.

Cake.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 590K
    Post edited by Illidanstorm on

Looks delcious. Nicely done.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Here's my cake.
    Looking alright for my needs. Maybe with a bump and normalmap it could look better or more geometry.

Nice work!! Love seeing users taking the initiative instead and waiting for a product to get the results they are needing.

I still want a iray cake though. When I'm getting married then it will not be this one. It better be a great iray cake
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915

Good job on the cake. Now you made me want a piece LOL.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I have Everyday Confectionery on my to-do list, but I've no idea when I'll get round to it. My notes include cake, easter egg, chocolates, etc.

Uh, sorry if this is annoying, but I just wanted to mention that it's something I plan on doing..... er... sooner or later.

Sounds nice. Looking forward to it : )