Genesis 2 Female not working in Carrara

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I thought I'd try Genesis 2 Female and Gia in Carrara 8.5. Not a happy experience - the Neomi character morph would not load (I needed to export from DS), the shaders required a LOT of work to look OK, and now I find that the Gen2 Fem clothes don't fit! How can clothes made for that figure not fit! I posted an image - the front view would not comply with ToS. I really hope this gets fixed in the release version of 8.5...

Gen2-Gia_Issue.jpg
600 x 450 - 20K

Comments

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

There are a lot of problems using Genesis 2 with the Carrara 8.5 beta.

The clothing problem stems from the fact that when clothing items are loaded the “Fit To” under the “Animation Group” in the “General Tab” is set to none. If you click on the drop down and select “Genesis 2 Female” the clothing will then fit to the figure.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited July 2013

kakman said:
    There are a lot of problems using Genesis 2 with the Carrara 8.5 beta.

The clothing problem stems from the fact that when clothing items are loaded the “Fit To” under the “Animation Group” in the “General Tab” is set to none. If you click on the drop down and select “Genesis 2 Female” the clothing will then fit to the figure.

I think I tried that and it didn't work. Well, it fitted it to the figure, but with more poke-through than visible clothing! As in the posted image. And that is the Basic Wear Top - designed for this figure!

Post edited by PhilW on
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited July 2013

I do not have the Neomi character morph. But here is what I get:

The first image is the Genesis 2 Female with the Basic Wear Top with “Fit To” set to the default “None”.

The second image is the Genesis 2 Female with the Victoria 4 Body morph with the “Fit To” left set to the default “None”.

The third image is with the “Fit To” set to Genesis 2 Female.

Once the “Fit To” is set to Genesis 2 Female I can set various body morphs and the Basic Wear top does not exhibit the poke-through.

Test_Basic_Wear_G2_2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 49K
    Test_Basic_Wear_G2_1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 51K
    Test_Basic_Wear_G2_3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 51K
    Post edited by kakman on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited July 2013

kakman said:
    I do not have the Neomi character morph. But here is what I get:

The first image is the Genesis 2 Female with the Basic Wear Top with “Fit To” set to the default “None”.

The second image is the Genesis 2 Female with the Victoria 4 Body morph with the “Fit To” left set to the default “None”.

The third image is with the “Fit To” set to Genesis 2 Female.

Once the “Fit To” is set to Genesis 2 Female I can set various body morphs and the Basic Wear top does not exhibit the poke-through.

I get what you are saying, but it doesn't work for me on Neomi...

Post edited by PhilW on