Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Been rather busy, but after tea, a little idea occurred to me - so there goes the evening.

Wings 3D project - wings mobius cluster recipe - by David Brinnen

First render Bryce, second Octane.

Material_experiments7.jpg
    850 x 850 - 273K
    Mobius_cluster1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 260K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Just a simple horse

mil_pup_and_horse7.jpg
    783 x 783 - 488K
  • Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited August 2013

A Small Metal Universe. My first abstract effort ever I think. The weird shape was made in Blender, the rest is Bryce primitives. Definitely worth clicking to see the full sized image.

I included the render report because it surprised me a little, the number of reflective surfaces made me think it would take an age to render; the statistics for the rays intersected etc. are high enough. I was also browsing the web when this was rendering so it would have been even quicker if I'd left Bryce alone to get on with it.

Abstract-1-Render-Report.jpg
    354 x 343 - 22K
    Abstract-1.jpg
    1876 x 938 - 383K
    Post edited by Fire Angel on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: I remembered the talk about adding transparency to imported leaves, and I thhhiiinnnkkk I tried that. I'll have to give it another go to make sure.

@Sean: Thanks for the information.

@Trish: Nice stead. Also appears to be a meeting of the minds.

@David: Great object, and real good video. Both of those images are really nice, but I love the glass look from Octane.

@Fire Angel: Like what you've done in that image. My curiosity is what's happening further back, maybe a different document setup so the background can be seen better?

Worked through David's interlocking rings tutorial and was surprised when I was able to get something similar. I was playing around with the rings and decided to first give an abstract a try. The one below is OK, but I'll give another one a try to see if I can get a different affect. Then I'll use it to try something else.

Ring_Thingy_9.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited August 2013

@David - Mind boggling shape. The Octane render is only better because the object is glassy, shows the shape better.

@Trish - nice, I like the barn.

@Fire Angel - welcome to the realm of abstracts. The possibilities are limitless.

@GussNemo - that one looks really nice.
    Concerning the Xfrog tree foliage, perhaps the picture below helps. If the texture alpha channel (centre) has a shape, enable Blend Transparency and put a dot in Transparency. If the alpha channel is fully white as in the texture example below (trunk), do NOT set transparency. You can also see it in the preview whether you have to set transparency or not. You have to select each individual mesh and check. It's a bit tedious but worthwhile.

LeafTransp.jpg
    833 x 505 - 108K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2013

More tangled colours and shapes, Bryce and Octane.

Wings 3D/Topmod project - double cross mobius - by David Brinnen

Edit - and another - just keep having these funny ideas.

Wings 3D project - compact mobius pair - by David Brinnen

Material_experiments9.jpg
    850 x 850 - 243K
    Compact_mobius_pair1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 127K
    Double_cross_mobius_video_octane.jpg
    850 x 850 - 263K
    Mobius_cross_for_video1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 374K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Here i'm.. It's been a while i did my last post at daz forum and i'd like to share with you my pictures so here are some of my renders. I let you appreciate.

Some of you have already seen "Cottage" and "Windmill" at Bryce5 galerie. I'm glad to share my work with you and to look at all of yours.

Windmill.jpg
    1250 x 1650 - 661K
    alpin30.jpg
    1820 x 670 - 547K
    forest.jpg
    1820 x 1062 - 807K
    Cottage_final.jpg
    1820 x 1213 - 714K
    A_place_to_hide.jpg
    1820 x 1081 - 883K
    edited December 1969

@David - very interesting models, not something we see everyday.

@c-ram - April Forest and Majestic Lake are absolutely awesome, Marco. I've seen the others already. Now, tell us, are the new ones true Bryce renders?

edited December 1969

Thank you horo. Yes, autumn forest and majestic lake are both true Bryce renders. Autumn forest is using Dan Whiteside special fog to produce god rays into the foliage. The ground is cover by some trees with autumnal leafs for texture.

Majestic lake is using David grass technic.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

very nice C-ram!

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Fire Angel: Like what you've done in that image. My curiosity is what's happening further back, maybe a different document setup so the background can be seen better?

No matter where you put the camera in that chamber some parts of the image will have obscured and tiny details, it's part of the plan for the image. Some parts look huge, some are tiny, the contrast in size is an additional element in the composition like the colour and tonal contrast. I may try something a bit more uniform at some stage.

• jabberwockxenojabberwockxeno Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dave the temple is beautiful.

Chohole – all your renders are awesome and fairy-tale like. I also like the sunset one more.

These are my attempts on David’s 2nd tutorial on super reflection. For the second one I kept getting “Out of Memory” during the AAP. After many tries I stopped the render just before the AAP to save the image. This is the 1st time I experienced the “Out of Memory” problem. ???

Yes I had that too. If you have the system memory you can set Bryce Large Address Aware and that will help with this.

Well done on following the tutorials!

Rareth also, and you seem to be getting better looking results out of this effect than I am at the moment. Here's another experiment based on this theme. As you can maybe detect I'm still questing for a faux SSS to work within Bryce.\

How'd you get the pearl/iridescence?

edited August 2013

Dave the temple is beautiful.

Chohole – all your renders are awesome and fairy-tale like. I also like the sunset one more.

These are my attempts on David’s 2nd tutorial on super reflection. For the second one I kept getting “Out of Memory” during the AAP. After many tries I stopped the render just before the AAP to save the image. This is the 1st time I experienced the “Out of Memory” problem. ???

Yes I had that too. If you have the system memory you can set Bryce Large Address Aware and that will help with this.

Well done on following the tutorials!

Rareth also, and you seem to be getting better looking results out of this effect than I am at the moment. Here's another experiment based on this theme. As you can maybe detect I'm still questing for a faux SSS to work within Bryce.

\

How'd you get the pearl/iridescence?

This effect (see pic?) Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - reflectionless glass recipe 3 - by David Brinnen

Also consider
    Bryce Experiments - Metallicity and Specular Halo - by David Brinnen

and

Bryce 10 minute material project - red pearlescent paint - a tutorial by David Brinnen

If you want pearl/iridescent effects.

Alternate_reflection_supression1+4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 170K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Breathtaking renders C-ram. You have really pushed Bryce beyond what I suspect many people would believe was possible with Bryce. The complexity is stunning and yet everything looks integrated and nothing looks out of place. The grass recipe works well, but it must have been expensive on render time! Thanks for posting your images here, now if DAZ 3D could manage a gallery, that's where they should be!

edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you for that information. I do know how tedious it can be looking at all the individual leaves, I view a few the first time I downloaded them.

@David: Great looking objects, and images. What I'm scratching my head about is how you made the object in the first image. And two more videos to gander.

@c-ram: Gorgeous images. Like miniature oils.

Played around, again, with the interlocking rings. First image I increased the MRD to get the extra line of interlocking rings. The next three are the interlocking rings inside a sphere. While not really dramatic, they are kind of pretty. All three had post work done in GIMP to add contrast and increase the color of the last three.

Ring_Thingy_14_Sig.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Ring_Thingy_13_Sig.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Ring_Thingy_12_Sig.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Ring_Thingy_10_Sig.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
  • weibinxweibinx Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

weibinx said:
    i don't know how to smooth the figure

i mean this

M4.jpg
    500 x 650 - 307K
  • weibinxweibinx Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

btw, does bryce supports sss?

M4.png
    500 x 650 - 491K
    M5.png
    500 x 650 - 373K
    edited December 1969

@ Sean : Thank you.

@ Guss : Thanks a lot, well you're not the first person that tell me my pictures looks like oil painting. Nice work on you abstract pictures, keep going this way, I really like them all !

@ David : Thank you very much! You're right, the render time are pharaonic for all of these renders.. about 1 to 3 weeks (i know i know, i'm crazy..). I've got two computers, one to built my scenes and the other to render them. It will be great if DAZ3D could replace the gallery in a next future like it was before.

edited August 2013

Everyone has really nice work here I am almost afraid to put my new experiment up.....deep breath......here goes...Hes called Blue Roan

Blue_roan2.jpg
    537 x 594 - 286K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - nice ringy-thingys.

@c-ram - I suspected that the new ones are Bryce renders like the previous ones were, but I had to be sure. It is amazing what Bryce can do if it is wieled expertedly. Three weeks was well worth the wait. My max so far has been a week. As for the galleries: they will come, work is on the way. They will be different from the ones we had before.

@bullit35744 - very nice river and trees. But I'm not sure, it looks rather like a photograph with Blue Roan put in front of the billboard.

edited December 1969

@c-ram: Thank you and you're quite welcome.

@Trish: Love that image. I was trying to come up with critical comments, but can only say, as I told c-ram, that image looks like an oil painting to me. Trees are gorgeous, water is fantastic. And I guess I should say the back side of that horse looks like the back side of a horse. Thank goodness it doesn't have it's tail up in the air. :).

edited December 1969

Thank you horo

Guss; the tail might go up any minute don't stand too close....LOL

Last one I pulled another all nighter got to get some sleep this is the final of the one earlier......Trish

exp9.jpg
    986 x 1186 - 727K
    edited December 1969

Horo this is a good news ! Daz3d need some galleries to keep showing there softwares capabilities.

Well, if you like me to show one of my file scene to let you look at it, it'll be a pleasure. I just don't know how to send it to you (maybe a dvd by postal way will be the best way because of file size. All of my scenes are about 700-900 Mb). Just tell me by private message, i'll be proud.

edited December 1969

weibinx said:
    btw, does bryce supports sss?

SSS is not an inbuilt property, I'm sorry to say, but even when it is, it is a very tricky thing to set up for a human figure.

If you want to simulate SSS, I have made some experiments and provided some guides.

http://davidbrinnen.deviantart.com/art/Head-grid-363885296 - there are links under the images.

http://davidbrinnen.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-7-1-Pro-lighting-skin-experiment-HSS-tut-362527479

http://davidbrinnen.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-7-1-Pro-the-Vicky-inside-Vicky-puzzle-339619605

http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4463&mode=search

http://davidbrinnen.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-7-1-Pro-extreme-material-effect-tutorials-388379359

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967
    edited December 1969

Everyone has really nice work here I am almost afraid to put my new experiment up.....deep breath......here goes...Hes called Blue Roan

that's a beautiful image!

edited December 1969

weibinx said:
    weibinx said:
    i don't know how to smooth the figure

i mean this

It appears that this is the figure's problem. Meshes not high res enough.

@Trish - nice pose of horse and dog.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Busy weekend (again)... Had time for another simple(ish) Doodle.
    Having said that Xfrog's Weeping willow takes an age to render therefore this was 6 hours... luckily I was out as it rendered.

NewLandscape.jpg
    850 x 497 - 164K
    edited December 1969

The Weeping Willow does look great, as the sky and all the rest does. This tree has those transparency leaves, I take it. And that may be the reason for the long render.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yes Horo, transparency leaves and tons of them... Layers upon layers. With it only in the mid distance, it's high detail isn't really noticeable. I've decided that I'll only use it in future if it can be pushed right to the front with the majority of it hanging off the side, out of shot. :)

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen, c-ram, Dave Savage, bullit35744, & GussNemo - Awesome stuff here! Wow! Very inspirational works!

This discussion has been closed.