Help! New cr2 exporter settings for genesis?

AdiaAirAdiaAir Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

i'm following a combination of this tutorial video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYEvSb7jQs and these instructions http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/saving_importing_and_exporting/tutorials/triax_figure_to_poser/start in an attempt to get my genesis into poser pro 2014. i'm currently using the latest version of Daz Studio 4.6.

i'm trying to discover the following:
what do i select for: "SubDivision Algorithm" (Catmark, Bilinear, Loop, or Catmull-Clark)
and what do i select for: "Edge Interpolation" (Soft Corners and Edges, Sharp Edges and Corners, or Sharp Edges)

i'm really just guessing that these two options are what's tripping me up. i've already tried a couple of combinations of the two with the same result... i dial in a morph (once loaded in Poser) and the figure kind of splits... one one top of the other... showing one figure with the morph and one with the original genesis shape...

any help is appreciated. thank you :)

Comments

• AdiaAirAdiaAir Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

relevant images... the picture of the figure is of one genesis .cr2 in poser... dunno why it did that...

edgei.jpg
    488 x 430 - 72K
    algo.jpg
    489 x 415 - 65K
    onefigure.png
    600 x 499 - 131K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

Since PP2014 supports OpenSubDiv I would suggest turning SubD off (under Resolution Level) and then apply the Poser SubD to the imported figure. I don't know why you are getting the doubling, so I don't know if that will make it go away.

edited July 2013

i actually got that result with the resolution level set to base (the only other option in that menu) on the suggestion of what i found in that daz wiki page i linked.
    (the images above were just snapped quickly from a generic genesis figure to illustrate the menus about which i'm inquiring... i probably should have mentioned that)

Post edited by AdiaAir on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

You need to export with the base subvivision and resolution. I just load it, apply the uv set and texture I want, and export. I then apply EZSkin2 when I get into Poser.
    In Poser 9/PP2012 set the crease angle to 170, or subdivide in Poser 10/PP202014.....

edited December 1969

What about the 'Subdivision Algorithm' and the 'Edge Interpolation'? Do those options not have an effect?
    Also, are you saying i should set the 'SubDivision Level' to 0 even though i set the 'Resolution Level' to Base?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

What about the 'Subdivision Algorithm' and the 'Edge Interpolation'? Do those options not have an effect?
    Also, are you saying i should set the 'SubDivision Level' to 0 even though i set the 'Resolution Level' to Base?

I've never touched them; I just leave them at the defaults...
    edited December 1969

WandW said:

I've never touched them; I just leave them at the defaults...

okay, so just to clarify...

Resolution Level: Base
    SubDivision Level: 0
    SubDivision Algorithm: Default
    Edge Interpolation: Default

i'll try it...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

If SubD is of (first two settings) then the other two settings will have no effect anyway.

edited December 1969

If SubD is of (first two settings) then the other two settings will have no effect anyway.

ahhh, okay. thank you
    hopefully it works this time...