Dforce Folklorico dress

I'd asked about this with opti-tex and was told it wasn't possible.  Maybe it is with dForce?

I'd like to see a traditional Folklorico dress with the full, 1 1/2 to double circle skirt.  The top can be less traditional, I just want the huge flowy skirt to be (relatively) accurate. :)

Comments

• I should think somethign ought to be possible - are there any patterns you know of?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

The only one I peronally know of is the doll sized one I made myself (which is not the one shown on the doll picture above - that's not my work.)  A quick google search brought up directions for making the skirt... in spanish, which I'm not particularly strong in.  But I know how to make the skirt without a pattern, so it's not something I go looking for.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,136

What's funny is about a month ago I was talking to a clothing maker about how to make one of these. It is technically possible (but *very* involved), but if you want it to be a "general" flowy skirt it would be made different/separate than the typical use of this type of dress. Traditionally, the dress would be held in the hands pretty much always (which is where one big issue for making it comes in). 

For a general big, flowy skirt, dForce Frolic Dress Set for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) is excellent and there are poses designed specifically for it. It's not quite as long as your suggestion, but you may be able to lengthen it some with the morphs/scaling. It sims beautifully.

There's also dForce Vernea Fae Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) which is a little more stylized but also an excellent flowy skirt (and also sims beautifully). 

I know they're not exact, but they may be useful in the meantime.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

What's funny is about a month ago I was talking to a clothing maker about how to make one of these. It is technically possible (but *very* involved), but if you want it to be a "general" flowy skirt it would be made different/separate than the typical use of this type of dress. Traditionally, the dress would be held in the hands pretty much always (which is where one big issue for making it comes in). 

For a general big, flowy skirt, dForce Frolic Dress Set for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) is excellent and there are poses designed specifically for it. It's not quite as long as your suggestion, but you may be able to lengthen it some with the morphs/scaling. It sims beautifully.

There's also dForce Vernea Fae Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) which is a little more stylized but also an excellent flowy skirt (and also sims beautifully). 

I know they're not exact, but they may be useful in the meantime.

I appreciate the suggestions, but neither one really comes close enough.  They're both too short. And it's not really the ruffles I want, it's the oversized circle skirt.