Does custom spawned morph occupy predefined channels?

reko34reko34 Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hello everyone!

I have a poor computer so I want to make file loading for often used figures more efficient. The original CR2-file of Aiko 4.0 (Victoria 4.2) loads a lot of morphs that I don't need so I want to delete them and make a new smaller CR2. Then I found 50 channels for both PBMDC and PBMCC, which are said to be used for morph injection. I fear if these 100 channels are deleted, my custom morphs will make other morphs unusable?

So here is my question. When I spawn a morph target e.g. with magnet, does the new morph create a new channel onto the figure or it selects an existing one randomly? If new morphs are injected automatically with new channels, why are so many channels predefined?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,064
    edited December 1969

A newly spawned morph creates its own channel, names as you name the morph. The additional channels are there for third party morphs, created by others rather than spawned locally, to be injected into, since the process of injecting a morph doesn't spawn a channel.

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

Now I understand. I copied the code of my custom morph out to make a pz2-file and used it for injection and found out it used the channel of DSTStrength (I don't know what's it for). By the way, is it random which channel an injected custom morph will occupy?

edited December 1969

No, an injectable morph will be saved, or edited, to use a set channel - the channel is named in the PZ2 file.

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

This I understand. Finnally I figured out how to use Daz or Community channels. But which channel will an injected custom morph take, when it uses a channel name which doesn't exist in the figure?

edited December 1969

If the figure doesn't have a channel name that matches that of the injection pose the morph generally won't load (Poser does occasionally allow near misses, if there's a channel with a similar name, in some circumstances). That's why the fourth generation DAZ figures use the ExP system - so that new channels can be added to a figure (for Poser-use only, pmd files can also be used to add a channel to a figure).