Zbrush keeps crashing every time I send a figure to zbrush from Daz3D

nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

I have Daz3d 4.6 Pro and Zbrush 4R5

The problem I am facing is that whenever I send a figure to zbrush , then zbrush crashes.

what I would like to know is , does it matter that Zbrush is not the latest version ?
could it be a memory issue ?
how do I set the Goz path in Zbrush Manually ?

any suggestions?

Thanks for any advise/help in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,279
    edited December 1969

Although I have ZBrush 4R6 installed now, 4R5 was working OK. You can refresh the path in ZBrush by going to Preferences>GoZ. You may need to delete your temp files - what operating system are you running?

• nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi sorry for the delay in reply , I am running windows xp 32 bit ,

I only have 2 gigs memory , so part of me is thinking my issue is a memory problem
    but I could be totally wrong.

You see it does not matter which model I use in Daz3d then export it to Zbrush ,a few seconds after I click on "send to Zbrush " in Daz3d , Zbrush crashes

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,279
    edited December 1969

Given your limited memory I would suggest trying to export as OBJ (with, in DAZ Studio, the Mesh Resolution parameter set to Base, and only the figure you want to morph visible) using the modo preset in the exporter, import that as a subtool in ZBrush, export the morphed mesh, and load that as a morph in DS with Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro again using the modo preset.

• nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the help , I will give it a try.

I am only trying to find a way to do texturing for new characters , more particularly back tattoos as I find those more challenging with the seems of the texture for some of the characters. I was trying to figure out a way I could do it easier , rather than spend hours trying to do it in photoshop.

so if there is any suggestions on that , I would really appreciate the advise

I will give your suggestions with regards to zbrush and daz a go and see what happens.

I appreciate all the help. Thank you

• MariaTortilliaMariaTortillia Posts: 47
    edited August 2013

Im having the same problem, zbrush 4 crashing when i send anything from daz3d 4.6, did you have any luck?
    Ah just found this thread,
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25035/
    looking hopeful

Post edited by MariaTortillia on