best way to import Poser and DS content

I was wondering what is the best way to import Poser and DS content into Carrara?  I want to do a graphic novel with Genesis 8 and also Dude 2 and SuzyQ figures.  How do I import those characters into Carrara so I can render them together?

I assume I can create a graphic novel with renders from Carrara and put them on Amazon?  I wanted to use Maya but since it is a "free" version not the full version I am not allowed to do so.

Or is there a better program I can use to combine SuzyQ2 and Dude 2 with Genesis based figures?  that is assuming that I cannot use Carrara for the rendering of a commerical graphic novel?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2018

These figures can be loaded in Carrara, however, usage is imperfect.

@Mistara has a free figure preset for the genesis 8 figures. It can be downloaded at ‘rosity. HD morphs and geograf’s will not work. Daz Studio and Genesis 3+ changed something that makes Carrara crash.  Misty’s character file fixes the crash.  To apply conforming clothes from Daz, the clothes must be first converted from native rigging to “blended.”  Textures must also be adjusted.

im not familiar with the Dude2 or SuzieQ2. Assuming they are similar to the Tyler and Miki 4 figures, again, the rigging will be the issue.  In this case, it is the change in style of weight mapping by Poser between versions 7 and 9. There is a free plugin by Fenric to try to compensate for Poser 9+ rigging, but it is not perfect.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I assume I can create a graphic novel with renders from Carrara and put them on Amazon? 

Yes.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

you can go to 'rosity to find Misty's Genesis 8 characters for Carrara.

For the Poser 9+ figures (The Dude 2, etc), you might try the Fenric plugin, which I found at Carrara Cafe.  You may have to register.

http://carraracafe.com/forum-2/plugins/new-free-carrara-plugin-poser-weightmap-injector/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

Does Carrara use Smart Content like DS does?

I assume I can create a graphic novel with renders from Carrara and put them on Amazon? 

Yes.

Good because I found my cereal number here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers ; It has a lot of serial numbers.

Diomede said:

you can go to 'rosity to find Misty's Genesis 8 characters for Carrara.

For the Poser 9+ figures (The Dude 2, etc), you might try the Fenric plugin, which I found at Carrara Cafe.  You may have to register.

http://carraracafe.com/forum-2/plugins/new-free-carrara-plugin-poser-weightmap-injector/

Thanks

Diomede said:

These figures can be loaded in Carrara, however, usage is imperfect.

@Mistara has a free figure preset for the genesis 8 figures. It can be downloaded at ‘rosity. HD morphs and geograf’s will not work. Daz Studio and Genesis 3+ changed something that makes Carrara crash.  Misty’s character file fixes the crash.  To apply conforming clothes from Daz, the clothes must be first converted from native rigging to “blended.”  Textures must also be adjusted.

im not familiar with the Dude2 or SuzieQ2. Assuming they are similar to the Tyler and Miki 4 figures, again, the rigging will be the issue.  In this case, it is the change in style of weight mapping by Poser between versions 7 and 9. There is a free plugin by Fenric to try to compensate for Poser 9+ rigging, but it is not perfect.

Cool!